Watch Parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keandkafu

I get my watch parts from ebay. Shop around first though, some charge a lot more than others but you can get a good mix of parts and faces. Have fun, my big fingers have trouble with the small parts, and you will need good eyes or a magnifying glass to help, but the end is worth the trouble!

Si90

Simon, was that for old watches or the parts? If that is for the watches already taken apart that is a LOT of parts, years worth...

Mike

Parts, already taken apart. My wife is currently sorting them into like for like parts. There are 8 or 9 complete watches and a few random parts that I will discard but I will still have at least 2/2.2KG of usable parts I think.

JohnU

Yard sales and antique thrift shops work well also. I find a lot of older character watches and small women's watches that way. The pain is you have to take them apart but it's not that bad after you've done a couple. Then I use the assorted parts from ebay to help fill in the areas around them.

jtdesigns

My method has always been: 1.) Find that "one" antique watch with a unique face, cluster the parts from that watch around the face then fill with parts from other "less desirable" watches. I think a blank filled with as many parts (gears, screws, etc) has the best look in terms of depth and "wow" factor.

Last edited:

healeydays

I buy old watches in bulk for parts and use taking them apart as therapy and relaxation. Here is a picture of the last batch I bought...
Mike B

Attachments

• watch movements.jpg
    watch movements.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 164
Top Bottom