Video on Steampunk Pen making

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

smokinghole

That's actually the second of your YouTube videos I've seen. Maybe a year ago I watched your GSG-5 push pin tutorial when I switched out mine.

cwolfs69

please get it going. i have about 2 ton of watch parts to use. have poured several bottle stoppers but want to do pens bad. where do i buy carbon fiber and how thick is it.

healeydays

Hi Chad,

Good video. It's funny that folks end up using alot of the same processes without ever talking to each other. I also like your tube holder tree in the background. I'm gonna have to make myself one of those.

Mike B

walshjp17

Nice intro video, Chad. Can't wait to see the rest. I have a bag of watch parts just waiting to adhere themselves onto pen barrels:biggrin:

Sandy H.

This is high on my list of to-do items. I have a pile of parts, some casting experience, various kits that are likely candidates and the motivation to learn/try this process.

Looking forward to the next video. (BTW: My wife who is a videographer said that your shot composition was good and it looked like you were putting together a video series that was well above average for many DIY videos.)

Sandy.

cwolfs69

nice video chad. will be following thru the entire series. got boxes of watch parts to make pens from. looking forward to the one where we learn to bend faces around the tubes.

ugrad

The first few carbon fibre sleeves I put on were with epoxy and it was messy, I then tried CA, that worked well, and was so glad to see that's how you do it.

Great video, I was going to do a tutorial of how I did it, but after seeing your video there is no need for one.

Regards
Peter

healeydays

I too use 5 minute epoxy and then shrink tubing to tighten up the whole thing. I might have to try odorless CA and see how I like it.

Dorno

Nice video chad I have subscribed to your utube video's so I can't want to see your next video so I can get into making this type of pen as i have been wanting to for ages.

Cheers ian

Top Bottom