Speaking of glue...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Camardelle

I want to create some blanks from a combination of wood and acrylic. What should I use to glue these together? I've heard CA, as well as the stuff you mix whose name plum evades me as I hurry to type this before dinner.

What say you guys? Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

farmer

Plastics

Making a new shopping list…..

There are allot of different plastics, some of these plastics epoxy is the worst thing you can use .

I use epoxy allot but mainly just one brand and I use the same epoxy as a bonding agent and for a finish except different hardeners ..
West systems 105/ 206 for bonding .

I normally work on pool cues and some timed getting the leather tip to bond to all the different plastics that China uses on there cheap cues is a nightmare .

Normally any more I use super glue to bond plastics to anything.

I also don't use 5 minute epoxy, some of it breaks down after a few years and looses its bond ...

KenV

Farmer

I agree that West Marine is one of the structural epoxy products. I find it works very well. With the pump proportion controls, better for larger volume uses.

Ship chandler stores sell it in 5 galon pails for work on boats and ships. Sticks pretty well to aluminum boats. Needs protection from uv on boats though.

Top Bottom