Silver Click Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I made this pen for my wife for Christmas. I didnt have a chance to take pictures of it until today.
Its made with a spiral twist pen blank made by my son using Koa and Walnut.
Since both woods are fairly dark the difference is subtle compared to the other I have made. The blanks were cut on a cnc using a rotary table and glued together. I use 1 inch radiator hose clamps to clamp it together when gluing it up.
This pen is a click pen using a Schmidt click mechanism. I disassembled it and cut the top button down to thread it to 10-32 threads and made a silver button to replace it. I cut the cup that the shaft rides in down to a hex and made a silver one that the the machined cup threads down into inside. Here is a link to the thread where I modify the Schmidt mechanism. http://www.penturners.org/forum/f56/working-modifying-schmidt-click-mechanism-127370/

The pen separates at the silver Center band, it is two parts, threaded to have access to replace the refill. I used a friction Polish from DR's Woodshop to finish it. Woodturning finishes from Doctor's Woodshop > Home

The Lower blank uses an 8mm tube about 1 1/8 long
Questions and Comment welcome.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• twist click pen 1.jpg
    twist click pen 1.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 556
  • twist click pen 2.jpg
    twist click pen 2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 543
  • twist pen 3.jpg
    twist pen 3.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 505
  • twist click pen 4.jpg
    twist click pen 4.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 529
  • twist click pen 5.JPG
    twist click pen 5.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 561
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Gorgeous pen, Mike !!!! . Kudos to your son also for the attractive blank !!!!

stuckinohio

That is awesome. The amount of work that goes into the click mechanism alone is substantial. Then the spiral cuts and threading. Beautiful!

Lewis

Top Bottom