Schmidt RollingWriter Issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dansills

So.... I completed my first custom rollerball using the Schmidt rolling writer and I need some help hopefully. From the info I got in my recent post; I used a converter instead of a cartridge. Anwyas.. The issue is this thing leaks like crazy. I have only had it on my desk at work but it seems that every time I unscrew it there is a huge glob of ink where the rectangular 'breather' holes are. Ink is all inside the cap... it's just a mess. Anyone else have any kind of experience like this with the rolling writer? Could this one just be bad? Could it be the converter I used instead of a cartridge? Any other suggestions or thoughts?

I love the way the thing writes... so much smoother with fountain pen ink than a 5888 refill. I forgot to mention I used a Schmidt K5 converter.

anthonyd

If you twist it too hard or too much as you screw it into the section it will break something inside the unit and this will cause it to leak. Just remove the damaged rolling writer and carefully twist in a new one and your pen should work properly.

Tony

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
what size drill bit and tap did you use for it. Is the ink only in the cap or is it up around the Roller Writer body as well when you unscrew it?

dansills

what size drill bit and tap did you use for it. Is the ink only in the cap or is it up around the Roller Writer body as well when you unscrew it?

It is only coming out the rectangular holes. Since this was my first one I actually ordered one of the sections from Richard Greenwald specifically for the rolling writer. I'm thinking the post might be on to something. I recall trying to tighten it quite a bit.?

Top Bottom