Question about LMS die holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stuckinohio

OK, so I am researching doing kitless pens. In the library article by mredburn he lays out some sizes to use of taps and dies. Since I have no idea where to start, I figured I'd go by his tutorial on sizes.

I planned on buying the die holder from LMS. They dont list any dies over 10mm on LMS. I found a m12 x ,75 die, but they appear to be to big for that die holder.

I guess I'm confused on what to do.

RobS

Die holder:
Die Holder 2314 - LittleMachineShop.com

Ok, check out for single start threads:
dies:
Metric High Speed Round Adjustable Dies - millimeter sizes.
taps:
Metric Taps - Taper, Plug, Bottoming, and Spiral Point - millimeter sizes.

Also you will need the drills for your taps which is the tap size minus the pitch, so for a 14mx.75 you will need either a 13.2 or 13.3 drill:
High Speed Steel Metric Jobber Length Drill Bits - from 1mm to 20mm.

Then order from our forum brother Rick a 1.5" die holder if you need it for the larger dies, make sure you order dies in either 1" or 1.5":
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f172/custom-made-penturning-tools-accessories-92501/

I think that should set you up.

Last edited:

stuckinohio

Thank you for the Victor link and the other information! I guess I thought there weren't 12mm dies that are 1 inch OD.

Oh, and I order lots of things from Rick. Actually he just shipped me two pin chucks today for the Jr. Gent II tubes. He's the one that led me to Little Machine Shop die holder and tap guide.

RobS

12mm comes in both, see the descriptions its not obvious at first, some sizes come in both some do not.

Top Bottom