A problem of definition?? - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Advanced Pen Making
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Advanced Pen Making Kit-less construction; designs and challenges beyond those normally associated with kit pens.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 45

Well darn, I just spent 10 minutes writing a long post and it blew away when I hit submit because I was not logged in for some reason. Rather than rewrite the whole thing may I suggest that those who have not read it, visit the "Welcome" stickie at the top of this forum. Hopefully it will explain some things and answer some questions. Elitist, condescending, "I'm better than you"... come on guys and gals, there is none of that so please don't make an issue where there is not one!

I guess to some, nothing can be said about this forum that will make them happy because they were apposed it from the beginning and think it's a waste of time. To those folks I think the best solution would be to simply skip over the threads rather than read them then hop in and make others defend or justify what they are doing.

If you are a bushing to bushing guy, fine, have fun. If you see it a waste of time to make a clip when there are perfectly good clips already available, fine, press on. If you see it as a total waste of good money buying a tap and die just to cut some threads in a cap when there are kits already threaded, fine, to each their own. BUT, if you think it's a neat idea to cut the top off of a cap, cut some threads on the finale then screw it back on after hiding your custom snazzy clip inside, than post away, others would love to see your work and kick around ideas and share some thoughts.

Texatdurango is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I agree with what Rob said. I ain't that smart yet. I've been trying to turn closed end pens,but it's kinda hard.:)

Lovin it in South Texas.

1JaredSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-25-2008, 09:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Photos: 235

I ain't gonna let this die...not yet anyway
After reading the Welcome Message for the first time [:0] I think that some clarifcation is in order .
While this forum for Advanced pen making above and beyond the normal B2B kit pen it should be said that EVERYONES input is welcome , NO , Almost required here .
Even if you only make B2B slimlines out of home depot pine there are alot of you that have other hobbies out there and your input might just be the match that lights the fuse for an explosive idea that someone has been trying to figure out .
In another post I'm asking for ANYONE with casting experience for input about types of low melting point metals and PMC .
So PLEASE dont think you have no reason to read or post to this forum because you are not making a kitless pen
Any fool can know , the point is to understand (Albert Einstein)
There are no mistakes....Only happy accidents (Bob Ross)
ldb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads