Precious Stones?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

Anybody used precious or semi-precious stones in their pens?

I just got access to 4ct white sapphires. Just about the size of the cap end of an El Grande. Maybe a little bigger.

I'm thinking about incorporating one into a kitless or modified kit, and was hoping for some ideas.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Ed Davidson (YoYoSpin) has used quite a few different cabs and faceted stones. He usually is taken as a "vernerable reference" -- check his web page.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
4ct each or total weight? oops reread the post, 4ct each, you could set a stone in the top cap (finial} made of wood from the blank, forming the cap. drill a hole slightly smaller than the diameter of the stone. cutting a grove in the wall of the drilled hole with a setting burr and snapping the stone in. I did this with cz's in the first pendant I made. Mike

Last edited:

wood-of-1kind

Yes, I've used "ice".:biggrin:

Attachments

• P9180010.JPG
    P9180010.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 204

jleiwig

I've used some Swarovski Crystal Signity presets on a couple bottle stoppers, I've also inlaid malachite, red jasper and other cabachons in the end of bottle stoppers, but nothing on pens yet.

MHKogan

Replace the Crystal on the Majestic and Jr. Majestic Clip

I have replaced the Sworavski Crystals with small diamonds (and colored diamonds) on the clip of the Majestic and Majestic Jr.

Attachments

• jr_royal_cobaltium_windex_diamond_web copy.jpg
    jr_royal_cobaltium_windex_diamond_web copy.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 202
Top Bottom