Pilot #10

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeinSC

I'm looking for any information on the pilot #10 nib such as size/ width, are they threaded assemblies, specific cartridge converters, etc. I'm searching but not seeing what I'm looking for. A customer would like a pen made with one and I haven't done a pilot nib yet.

Thank you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Here's a link to a size comparison: .: Pilot Custom
Most kits these days are#6 nibs and a few are #5. If they want the #10 you'll need to modify the pen you make to use a nib, feed and section from a piolet 912 pen. Nibs.com has just the section for $164.

Good luck with the project.

MikeinSC

Thank you Mr Vic.
I had seen the nibs.com page earlier but didn't see anything about thread sizing. That's an expensive piece to be first and then try to figure out the threads later.
It'll be on a kitless pen as well.

Do you happen to know the thread info on this?

Mr Vic

Thank you Mr Vic.
I had seen the nibs.com page earlier but didn't see anything about thread sizing. That's an expensive piece to be first and then try to figure out the threads later.
It'll be on a kitless pen as well.

Do you happen to know the thread info on this?

I don't. You might want to try using a Pilot Metro as the first try. Their only $18 for the whole pen. You can always turn down the section and glue into your own section for which you know the thread size. Not sure what the material is though.

jalbert

As far as I know, the Pilot nibs do not use a "unit" type configuration with a housing that unscrews, like Jowo or Bock. I believe you will either have to friction fit the nib and feed directly into your section, or simply use the existing Pilot section...Or do what Vic said and turn down the section until you reach the bare metal, then sleeve your own material over it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom