Ok Mr Robbins,will this do? Done!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by sbell111

Originally posted by arjudy

So, what do you sell a pen like that for?
Money.

LOL, I nearly said the same thing, but thought that would be cheeky.:D

Fact is, I've NEVER sold a pen yet and have no idea what they could be worth. They either get given away or just go in a box in my shop.

PR_Princess

Originally posted by mitchm

Wow Dawn, where did you learn that word or can you also talk the "taal"??:D

Mike, you taught me that word!!! :D:D:D[:p]

'n bietjie "taal" (?)

..but only what I have learned on this board recently from you and the other Afrikaners.. Dankie!!
(Een taal is nooit genoeg nie!) [8D]

VisExp

Originally posted by PR_Princess

'n bietjie "taal" (?)

..but only what I have learned on this board recently from you and the other Afrikaners.. Dankie!!
(Een taal is nooit genoeg nie!) [8D]

Dawn, my compliments on how quickly you pick up on a new language. "'n bietjie taal" literally translates to "a little bit of languge". In conversational Afrikaans "die taal" or "the language" refers to Afrikaans. "tjie" is added to a word to form the diminutive of a word.

Not to sidetrack from Steven's post to much :D Steven, thanks for sharing the completed pen. I've been looking forward to seeing it ever since you posted your "teaser". It's beautiful!

PR_Princess

LOL, I nearly said the same thing, but thought that would be cheeky.:D

Fact is, I've NEVER sold a pen yet and have no idea what they could be worth. They either get given away or just go in a box in my shop.

Steven!!

Since when are you passing up chances to be cheeky???[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][}:)]

BTW, can I have that box?? [}:)][}:)]:D[:p][}:)]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I don't believe it!!!!!!! An American-Irish-Afrikaans-GlassBlowing-ResinSnorting-Princess!!!!:D

WAY TO GO Boeremiesie!!!!!! [8D]

Jy kan bly op my plaas einege dag!!!!!:D

Edit in; No you can't have the box..........yet[}:)]

PR_Princess

Not quite all the chances!!![:I]
Whew,I was worried there for a minute!! Glad to see that there was no long term trauma done by your accident!!! :D:D:D;)

Yet????? Yet???????..... Yet Skippy?????

OK, when???? [:p] [}:)]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by PR_Princess

Glad to see that there was no long term trauma done by your accident!!! :D:D:D;)

Now, if THAT isn't bitter and twisted, then I don't know what is.[V]

I'll make a special box just for you[}:)] How tall are you? Pine with lead lining Ok?

Now where are my silver bullets?;)

mitchm

That box is gona take you along time to make Skip!! The urge to transform them silver bullets into some amazing pen will get the better of you! :D[}:)]

Dawn, you sure did not pick up on Afr from me....you know way to much, and an Afr spell checker aint gona get that lingo perfect!:D

philb

Awesome pen!

I just cant get my head around how you have made the nib section and attached it to the bolts used in barrel construction, with the transmission!

PHIL

Ozzy

Steve,

the only thing that I can think to say that has not already been said is that that pen kicks some serious butt and that it is a prime example of innovation.

Russianwolf

Hey Steve,
What did you use for the nib? I'm assuming it's removable as with a standard kit pen, but with you there ain't no telling for sure.

Ammazing Work.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
How did this get bumped back in[?]

But to answer Phil and Mike's questions.
There is no mechanism. It is built like a regular capped pen.
The small bolt on the end unsrews to change the refill. The bolt for the cb is hollow but also screws into the body. The big bolt for the cap is done the same. The nib was made from the shaft of a longer bolt. Just put the soft hex shape on the nib with a bench grinder. The three start thread were just cut from a rod of it I turned some time ago. The cap was threaded by a tap I made from the same threaded rod. To keep it as light as possible, all the bolts were cut as short as possible. If I do something like this again then I'll make it split around the cb or try and have the nib removable. It's a bit difficult to get the refill out, and I had to search for a thin enough rollerball to get past the small threads in the end.;)

Also, because I hand sanded the hex shape, the dammed cap only lines up nice and flush on two of the starts. I can't figure that out really as I would expect it to line up with either just one or all three.:( But two? I dunno[:eek:)]

Top Bottom