Ok Mr Robbins,will this do? Done!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
LOL, Bruce said he missed my nuts;) but will bolts do?[8D]

First time I've posted in this forum. I don't know if this qualifies as 'Advanced Pen Making' but there wasn't one for 'Retarded Pen Making' This forum seemed to be getting some bad press too[B)]
But what the heck, just some fun:D
First, the kit. 6mm, 8mm and 10mm bolts....

2008527211547_Taperhex1.jpg

Then 'adjust' them to fit a cool blue bit of PR Princess' stuff!!![:X]

2008527211713_taperhex2.jpg

Then spend several hours sanding!!!!![xx(]

2008527211853_Taperhex.jpg

It does have a 3 start threaded cap ( the fat end ). I just haven't finished the nib yet[:I] I'll finish it and show a pic of it open, tomorrow. I need a beer or two now.

Comments and criticism always welcome:D

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I believe if you put that in your fist, it will qualify as a lethal weapon!!!

Nice looking weapon, tho!!

Great pen-sanding (as opposed to pen-turning) there Skippy!!!!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Son of a ***! Just when I think I might be catching up you go and post another even more amazing pen. Stick to kits where I at least have a chance, would you? [8D]

Originally posted by skiprat

...I just haven't finished the nib yet...

This reminds me of a story:

A young boy went up to his father and asked, "What is the difference between potentially and realistically?" The father answered, "Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars. Also, ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Come back and tell me what you have learned."

So the boy went to his mother and said, "Would you sleep with Robert Redbird for a million dollars?" The mother replied, "Of course I would!! I wouldn't pass up an opportunity like that."

The boy then went to his sister and said, "Would you sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?" The girl replied, "Oh my God! I would just love to do that!"

The boy then thought about it for two or three days and went back to his dad. His father asked him, "Did you find out the difference between potential and realistic?" The boy replied, "Yes, potentially we're sitting on two million dollars, but realistically we're living with two sluts."

Potentially you have a very nice pen there. Realistically, for now, you have a nice stick. [}:)]:D

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Aaaarghh!!! I wrecked the first nib and attacked the grinding wheel with my knuckle:( The air was bluer than the pen!!!

Here's the second attempt, I think I'll take a little more metal off right near the tip, looks a bit thick.
I ground a soft hex into the front half of the nib and it's pretty comfortable to hold. But the edge at the centre band is a bit sharp.

200852820577_Taperhex5.jpg

All comments and criticisms welcome;)

keithkarl2007

well i can forget about penturning altogether, how is anyone meant to compete with that. beautifully executed and a real gem of a pen. I'm not worthy enough to be on the same site as all of you great pen turners

OKLAHOMAN

Skippy, I wouldn't want you to get hurt on that sharp edge at the C/B so I'll do what any good friend would do and take it off of your hands as we must save our resident <s>nut</s> from hurting himself, I meant nut and bolt maker[}:)];)

Originally posted by skiprat

Aaaarghh!!! I wrecked the first nib and attacked the grinding wheel with my knuckle:( The air was bluer than the pen!!!

Here's the second attempt, I think I'll take a little more metal off right near the tip, looks a bit thick.
I ground a soft hex into the front half of the nib and it's pretty comfortable to hold. But the edge at the centre band is a bit sharp.

200852820577_Taperhex5.jpg

All comments and criticisms welcome;)

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Originally posted by keithkarl2007

well i can forget about penturning altogether, how is anyone meant to compete with that. beautifully executed and a real gem of a pen. I'm not worthy enough to be on the same site as all of you great pen turners
If you look carefully, this one isn't turned, so you're still safe.

By the way Skippy, can't you make kits like the rest of us?:) Okay, even if its not a kit, it still looks way cool.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Jeesh!!!!! Bruce, there's just no pleasing you is there???[}:)]:D
I make a kit pen and you complain, I make this ( and seriously injure myself I might add ) and now you want kits again!!!![}:)]:D

Thanks for all the very funny comments:D

I can't send this one to ANYONE in America. Someone would sue me if they cut themselves[8D]

Mitch, it's the Soutpeel in me that does it!!!;)

Cheers

ESwindell

Steven,
Between you, Ed Davidson, Bruce119 and others on this board I am never going to be able to catch up, or ever run short of possible projects. Beautiful work.
God Bless,
Eric

keithkarl2007

Ahh you know what i mean:D:D:D
Originally posted by BRobbins629

Originally posted by keithkarl2007

If you look carefully, this one isn't turned, so you're still safe.

By the way Skippy, can't you make kits like the rest of us?:) Okay, even if its not a kit, it still looks way cool.

PR_Princess

Steven, I think everything that I can possibly think of to say has already been said!

So, forgive me if I just ditto what CSue said, and only add...

mooi!!!!

:D:D:D[:p][:p][:p]:D:D:D

Take care of yourself, heal soon.

Top Bottom