The new sharpie pen refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTsideshow

While in one of the big box stores, to pick up a couple of sharpies. I came across a new one, it is a sharpie refillable type! I looked for a package of refills, but the young lady said they didn't have them. Since she was trying to be helpful, she said that most any refill probably would work.

Not wanting to explain why I was asking, and get that blank look of confusion. When you tell some people today, that you actually make/fix things.

Has anybody used them in a pen making project, and what type of pen style? From the looks of the one style they had for sale in the store. It closely resembles the look of a roller ball pen style.

Aluminum brushed look finish, For around $10.00 US
Was wondering if anybody has used any in making a pen from them?
:clown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ve3bax

I have been looking for them but they don't seem to be available up here... I'd imagine they could be easily adapted to use in a kitless pen as long as you can find a tap that matches he tread pitch on the refill...

OOPS

I have purchased a refill to make one of these, but haven't gotten around to it yet. A friend of mine has made two so far. One of the problems is that the refill takes an unusual tap, which is expensive. Others have taken the soft threads on the refill and have "adjusted" them to fit a more common tap. This would require a similar adjustment for each refill down the road, which could be problematic should you want to sell them.

I purchased the brushed aluminum body as well. My thought was to cut out the thread section of the aluminum body and seat it into a pen of my own design.

Hope this helps.

BSea

This may be a little off the subject. But if you want a fine line sharpie, Private reserve sells a rollerball refill (6040) that is a felt tip (Made by Schmidt). It's what I use in my everyday pen.

PTsideshow

Guess I was a couple of years to late, As I just seen them in the big box office supply.
But thanks for the head up and the links, just finished reading them
:clown:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
This may be a little off the subject. But if you want a fine line sharpie, Private reserve sells a rollerball refill (6040) that is a felt tip (Made by Schmidt). It's what I use in my everyday pen.

Bob,

Where do you get this Schmidt refil? I love writing with a fine tip sharpie but was not aware there was a refill that would fit our pens.

hewunch

BSea

Bob,

Where do you get this Schmidt refil? I love writing with a fine tip sharpie but was not aware there was a refill that would fit our pens.

http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.p...tegory_id=129&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60
You can also get them from Indy-Pen-Dance, but they aren't on the site.

Top Bottom