New Kit :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
New Kit :) Now gets a big brother :)

It's been too long since I played with kitless bits and bobs. :eek: This is made entirely from stainless steel. The rods and clip are welding rods, the rest was a bolt. It uses a Parker style refill BUT with a slimline mech.:biggrin:
The mech is reversed so the brass bit is pressed into the finial.
I'm quite pleased with the result especially as it only took a few hours to make. :biggrin:

Decided that this one needed a matching Fountain Pen. I used a Sedona as the basis. It's a bit blunt and stubby ended, but I like it.

Thanks again for all the very nice comments

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 739
  • FPandBP2.jpg
    FPandBP2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 552
  • FPandBP.jpg
    FPandBP.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:

rlofton

AWESOME Pen! Looks almost impossible to make for one person......come on, did you have some help.

Just kidding. This is a beautiful writing instrument. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Rudy

LEAP

Now that is Cool! I don't know how you come up with your inspiration for your pens but if you could bottle it you'd be rich. Or if it already comes in a bottle let me know so I can pick up a few pints!!

cdbakkum

Skiprat, I voted it to be number one,and it will stay number one. It truly is a
masterpiece. Dorothy Bakkums husband CARL

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
You make me sick. I hate you and I'm never making another pen as long
as I live. Go away.

can I have it? :tongue:

BruceK

When I first saw this post, I wasn't logged on so all I saw was the name of the picture "6.jpg". Since one never knows what to expect to see when you post, when the picture did come up my first thought was WOW, WOW, WOW! Very, very nice, I appreciate you being able to see "outside the box" and having the skill to actually craft it. Thanks for posting this. It gives those of us (i.e. me) with less vision something to aspire to.

PR_Princess

Skippy, that is one very, very cool.... and very, very creative pen!!!

I am so glad to see that you back playing with your bolts and.....well, you know.:biggrin::rolleyes:

Now, about some coloured rods for your new kit....:)

ldb2000

You are absolutely amazing Steven . This is one of your greatest works yet .
You always have the creativity to make something stunning like this pen , from materials that you would never think a pen could be made from .
I wish you could bottle some of that creativity and sell it here , I would buy a few cases .
:worship::worship::worship:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow, thanks for the compliments.:biggrin: I'm always surprised to see which pen is a hit and which one is a miss. I honestly thought this would be one of the misses even though I like it. It is my 2nd IAP birthday pressie to myself:).
The idea for this pen came from right here on IAP. Someone ( could have been a UK guy? )posted a link to a pen site that had Porsche pens. When I went to the site, there was one that was made with rods. Cost a bloody fortune!!!!
I'll see if I can find a link.

Thanks again:biggrin:

chriselle

Welding rods and a bolt?? To that...?......In a couple of hours? Well, I'm depressed now. The depth of talent and artistry on this site is both scary and inspirational...wow! Just wow!

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
You all seem so surprised! This is getting to be old hat with Steven.:wink::biggrin::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Not surprised. When I tell people about what goes on here, I bring them to
a computer, come onto this site and search for his photos. People look at the
screen, then at me, then back at the screen .. as if they're looking for some
sign that it's a joke.. nobody could do that.

He's still crossed off of my Xmas list and out of my will..:tongue:

OKLAHOMAN

Steven, you just keep showing me how far behind I'm you! I've got a mess of nuts and bolts and have no idea what to do with them except use as
NUTS AND BOLTS :frown:

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
As usual with your pens, I'm just floored. The simplicity and elegance of the design is just amazing. The technical aspects of making it just astound.

Great work!!

airrat

Another classic Skip. You are safe to know that being across all that water, one of the members here will not sneak up and borrow your bolt-n-rods. :biggrin:

cowjelly

Pen turning should be your full time job! Extraordinary! If I had half your skill, I would make pens all the time.

chriselle

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how you actually make a pen like that. One question.........Would that be a metric bolt or an imperial???...or maybe a lightning bolt??:confused:

Top Bottom