My kitless kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

I'm still waiting on a few more taps, dies and fountain pen sacs, but here's what I have so far in my "kitless kit". For now I just keep it all in a cigar box in the drawer under my lathe. I've got a few center drill bits, regular drill bits, some o-rings, silicone grease, taps and dies.
Like I said, I am still waiting on a few more items to come in, but this is what I will have as far as taps/dies/drill bits: Tap for the #5 Bock feeds, I believe it's a 6.4 X .6, and a 5.8mm drill bit for that. Also a 6.8mm and 7.2mm for drilling out sections, 8mm X .75, 9X.75, 10X.75, 12X.75 taps and dies. 7.25mm, 8.25mm, 9.25mm and 11.25mm drill bits. Once I get some experience and if I'm any good at it, then I might grab some triple start taps/dies...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

I bought the o-rings originally to convert a Pilot Plumix cartrigde foutain pen to an eyedropper. I can't find the cartridges locally and I thought it would be nice to just be able to use my own inks. I used the o-rings because I wasn't sure if the silicone grease would be enough to keep the threads from leaking.
So, I thought I might need them if I make any eyedropper fountain pens to keep them sealed. It might be overkill, but I think that all depends on how tight my threads are. We'll see if I actually NEED them or not...

IPD_Mr

Jeremy - Silicone should be fine if you use the tighter (finner) threading for the section to body connection. You might ask Joe (turbowagon) as he has done this beofore.

Top Bottom