MSU Set Ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joe S.

It's been a while since posting, but I'm looking for "advanced" ideas for a Michigan State writing set for a friend who's going there in the fall. I'm looking to impress so I want to do more than a green/white blank. I have the summer to do this, so time to complete isn't an issue. I would love to say money's not an issue either, but I would like to keep the cost on the lower side since tuition has a way of taking away hobby money. I have access to a metal lathe, a kind-of-but-still-a-work-in-progress CNC lathe pen wizard mod (I'll be sure to post about that once it works a little better), and a little kitless experience.

All ideas welcome, thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob Roehrig

Go to the top of the page and click on "Members Map". Go to the state of Florida and locate the city of North Port. Click on the icon for "SBRANT", and then contact information. Skip is from the Lansing, Mi.(MSU) area and makes some really great MSU Green & White pens. He's up in Massachusetts for the holidays, but try to reach him maybe late next week when he should be back home.

Joe S.

Go to the top of the page and click on "Members Map". Go to the state of Florida and locate the city of North Port. Click on the icon for "SBRANT", and then contact information. Skip is from the Lansing, Mi.(MSU) area and makes some really great MSU Green & White pens. He's up in Massachusetts for the holidays, but try to reach him maybe late next week when he should be back home.

Thanks, I'll keep him in mind.

KenV

How big a challenge are you up for?

How about a 360 degree herring bone design with green and white in 1/8 inch thick pieces.

Joe S.

How big a challenge are you up for?

How about a 360 degree herring bone design with green and white in 1/8 inch thick pieces.

Sounds like fun! I may incorporate that as part of the design. Would I use dyed wood and Holly, or acrylics that wouldn't be as much of a pain to sand? This sounds better suited for a kit, I'm going to go check what kits make a nice set. Maybe a Ballpoint/Pencil/Rollerball/Fountain pen set of 4?

Top Bottom