Majestic pen clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CKormann

I'm not sure if I am posting this question in the right forum. I wanted to post it in the How To forum but was prevented from doing so.

Anywho....

I want to remove the Majestic clip from the rest of the end cap. Any suggestions on how I might go about doing this?

Thank you,
Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Pulled out my new Majestic kit .... I haven't made it yet.

I had a close look at the clip, and it appears to have been press fit onto the cap end and helps keep the cap band detail in place. It twists round the cap end, so it is not physically secured (as in a 1-piece casting or soldered or welded in place or glued), so I assume that if you could grasp the clip band SECURELY without squishing it, you could tap the rest of the cap end off of it without doing damage.

Good luck!

Also ... if you are just wanting to obtain the clip itself ... you could easily just order the closed end pen kit for the Majestic.

Hmm ... went to PSI to look for the kit, seems they only have the Jr version in a closed end style.

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKMAJCR22.html

CKormann

Thank you, Greg. I had a simliar thought.

I did look around for Majestic parts but didn't find any clips. I will check out the clip at Penn State. Since all I need is the clip, that might work for me.

Chris

Pulled out my new Majestic kit .... I haven't made it yet.

I had a close look at the clip, and it appears to have been press fit onto the cap end and helps keep the cap band detail in place. It twists round the cap end, so it is not physically secured (as in a 1-piece casting or soldered or welded in place or glued), so I assume that if you could grasp the clip band SECURELY without squishing it, you could tap the rest of the cap end off of it without doing damage.

Good luck!

Also ... if you are just wanting to obtain the clip itself ... you could easily just order the closed end pen kit for the Majestic.

Hmm ... went to PSI to look for the kit, seems they only have the Jr version in a closed end style.

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKMAJCR22.html

Skie_M

Looking at them ... the Majestic and the Jr version have different sizes.

If you're having a problem with a full size pen and need a replacement part, contact their customer support! :)

CKormann

I'm not having a problem, I just want to use the clip on what will be an otherwise kitless pen.

Thank you
Chris

Looking at them ... the Majestic and the Jr version have different sizes.

If you're having a problem with a full size pen and need a replacement part, contact their customer support! :)

Top Bottom