I'm baking PC blanks...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Parson

They're in an old toaster oven right now I have set up in my warehouse. I'm more excited than when I carefully put a lemon meringue pie in the oven night before last!

I doubt the pen blanks would taste as good though :)

I'll post pix here as soon as it comes out of the oven and I get it sanded and on a pen kit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Parson

OK, they're out of the oven and cooled off. They didn't get darker or shiny, but the clay is now really hard and should be able to be sanded a bit. Since I rolled the design work down flat on a shiny surface with the bushings on the blanks, it shouldn't require much work to finish them off.

I think I'm going to sand them just a bit and put a nice thick coating of CA glue on them to make the color pop and protect the clay since there's so many tiny pieces on each tube.

Toni

About time!! You are correct they are dull when they are baked, the magic happens when you sand it and buff or apply the CA, cant wait to see them!!!!

Russianwolf

This is something I would definitely like to venture into. Anyone have any visual step by step resources? pdf's? Books?

Google "Polymer Clay" and we'll see you next year. :biggrin:

There is a ton of info out on the web for the stuff. Each brand is slightly different, so be sure to read the instructions on the package and follow them.

RAdams

Banned
My wife is freaking out to use her canes! What clay is everybody using to put on the tube before the flowers?

RAdams

Banned
Ron ...

Have you found another use for the left over canes that we were talking about via e-mail. Hummmmm, another source for exotic woods is born! :cool:

I am sorry Fred, You are gonna have to refresh my memory...... I don't remember boss.:eek:

Parson

Okee dokee. I finally finished the pen and got around to taking pics of it. Here it is in all its splendor!

Attachments

• leafpen.jpg
    leafpen.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 300

alphageek

Former Moderator
Holy cow!!!! Very nice.. Much better than my 'overbaked' mess with a few bubbles. ... But then again, I did many things wrong including buying some cheaper clay to try out.

I can't wait to get something remotely this cool!

Toni

Dan~I dont want to highjack his post
So Toni if I packed up Shake & Bake, Stove Top Stuffing, and other US treats I can trade for PC canes LOL...actually I am curious if you do animal prints?
Not anymore a few members have already taken care of my family and I..LOL as for animal prints yes I HAVE done them, leopard, tiger and a few others..

Your pen is EXCELLENT!!! You did an incredible job!! You going to do anymore?

JohnU

That looks Great! I like the colors and pattern. Nice job! Theres another line filled on my "to do" list. Im going to need to retire soon if Im going to find enough time to try all of these inspiring ideas you guys keep offering up. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom