How to make a rifle cartridge pen from scratch.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lh5268

I have a friend who wants me to make a pen from a spent 300 casing I would like to use cartridge as top half of pen maintaining caliber markings but do not know how to attach brass tube to cartridge. I plan on making lower half out of deer antler. Has anyone seen any videos or info on this subject.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Les Elm has produced a couple of good tutorials also --

Some use CA glue to attach the tube and some use a low temperature solder to get a solid connection of tubes to casing.

300 is a pretty general term to shooters with a big variation in casing length for different cases - but most use a 0.308 bullet which is simulated by a slimline nib in most cases.

skeenum

There are several YouTube videos showing the process of making cartridge pens. William Young has an excellent video posted there on soldering brass tubes and SamPane has a video posted that shows the process of making a cartridge pen from start to finish.

Go to YouTube and do a search on "cartridge pens" and you should get several hits,

Hope this helps.

its_virgil

Take a look at the articles here: http://www.RedRiverPens.com/articles

Do a good turn daily!
Don

I have a friend who wants me to make a pen from a spent 300 casing I would like to use cartridge as top half of pen maintaining caliber markings but do not know how to attach brass tube to cartridge. I plan on making lower half out of deer antler. Has anyone seen any videos or info on this subject.

Top Bottom