Glass FP nibs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

WOW! Talk about kitless! Makes my "work" look pretty lame.... make that very lame. Great link!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow, I just had a quick browse around there:eek: Kinda makes us look like real beginners. I haven't had a good look, but there seems to be more 'users' and collectors than 'makers':confused:

BigShed

e
Wow, I just had a quick browse around there:eek: Kinda makes us look like real beginners. I haven't had a good look, but there seems to be more 'users' and collectors than 'makers':confused:

Was thinking of you Skippy when I saw that thread, really up your alley.

Some glass work coming up in Wales I think:wink:

Last edited:

titan2

That is Totally Awesome . I've never seen a glass nib before , except for dip pens . I really should get out more often . Thanks for the link .

Glass nibs are pretty neat! I have quite a few vintage ones that I have purchased......they will go in to some special Calligraphy/Dip Pens in the future. The flutes on the glass nibs holds a good amount of ink and they do write very smooth!

This was an interesting read.....one day I may get in to making glass nibs (but that's another project that I don't have the time for right now)....maybe when I retire in a few years!!!

Barney

Dan_F

FPN is a fascinating place. Here is a vintage Japanese glass nib crescent filler. The points can be smoothed nicely with the finer grits of Micromesh.

P1020180-1.jpg

Dan

glycerine

You think something like that could be done with some oven bake clay as long as you coat it with a not-so-porous clear coat? Or even a piece of acrylic?

Top Bottom