'El Toro' nib replacements?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drgoretex

Just wondering if anyone knows where to find nibs that fit the 'El Toro' kits?

I have tried the large nibs from Heritance and from Berea designed for the El Grande and such kits, but discovered that they are far too loose in the El Toro sections.

Any tips for larger nibs would be appreciated.

Ken

its_virgil

I use the large nibs from Heritance in my two Little Havana fountain pens and they work fine. The litttle Havana is basically the same as the El Toro. Are you sure you have the nib and feed pushed far enough and securely into the section? Do a little more investigating and adjusting before you give up on Lou's large nib... or the smaller one either.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Just wondering if anyone knows where to find nibs that fit the 'El Toro' kits?

I have tried the large nibs from Heritance and from Berea designed for the El Grande and such kits, but discovered that they are far too loose in the El Toro sections.

Any tips for larger nibs would be appreciated.

Ken

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I just worked on an El Toro and find that it is not the nib that is the problem, but the feed. It is a 5.8 mm instead of the more common 6 mm. I have the feeds for sale if you want to send me a private message.

drgoretex

Thanks for the tips. I wouldn't mind trying the 6mm feed.

I have a couple of customers who would like a broad nib instead of the stock fine that comes with the El Toro kits. I tried installing a broad 'El Grande' nib and feed (from Berea) into the El Toro nib holder, but very, very loose (as in, falls out if you turn it over). So, tried simplyswapping out the fine nib and replacing it with the new broad El Grande nib but with the El Toro's own feed, but still too loose, so must conclude that the nib used with the El Toro has a larger or thicher base to it, even though they are the same length. Perhaps the larger feed will indeed help, so worth a try.

Ken

Top Bottom