Custom Tap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Oh man I live on the same dam continent and I still don't have mine. Good thing I don't need it. Lol
Lin.

watch_art

Shipping to some spots in Canada is slower than to the UK or Australia for some reason.
Let me know in a week or two more if it still hasn't shown up.

dhoshield

This is a very old thread, but thought I'd jump in, anyway ...
1) did these taps work??
and,
2) does anyone have one of these taps they are no longer using .. or tired of? ;-)

I'd like to try and make some Esterbrook-type pens, as the nibs are pretty decent and many are still somewhat readily available.... and like like the size of both the J and SJs. Issue will be the peskey lever box ... or try and do the mods to make the converters work with the nibs.

Thanks,
Dennis

duncsuss

This is a very old thread, but thought I'd jump in, anyway ...
1) did these taps work??
Yes. I think I've made 8 pens using it (and I'm currently working on one.)
and,
2) does anyone have one of these taps they are no longer using .. or tired of? ;-)
Sorry -- in addition to Esterbrook Renew-points, I found a batch of old-stock Bock nib units designed for piston fillers using the same threads. It'll be a long time before I run out of things to do with this tap.

Somebody might have lost interest -- or you might find there's enough interest to justify organizing another group buy yourself.

watch_art

Glad the tap is getting some use! I let mine go early on, pretty much as soon as I got my metal lathe and figured out how to cut my own threads. :)

Top Bottom