Crown and Sword with tutorial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Definitely just a prototype, but in the planning stages to convert to silver. Comments and critiques welcome - I'm new at this.

2008421517_Swordand%20Crown.jpg

Tutorial:
1) Take a jewelry class that includes wire bending, piercing, soldering and stone setting.
2) Spend $$$$ on Foredom tools and accessories, torch, pickle, tumbling, silver, jewels, etc - you get the idea
3) Practice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Bruce if you would, could you rewrite the tutorial in a more condenced version,going into all the detail you went into somewhere around wire bending I got lost. Sorry but us lazy types need to be led by the hand.:D[}:)];)
Originally posted by BRobbins629

Definitely just a prototype, but in the planning stages to convert to silver. Comments and critiques welcome - I'm new at this.

2008421517_Swordand%20Crown.jpg

Tutorial:
1) Take a jewelry class that includes wire bending, piercing, soldering and stone setting.
2) Spend $$$$ on Foredom tools and accessories, torch, pickle, tumbling, silver, jewels, etc - you get the idea
3) Practice

alamocdc

Tutorial:
3) Practice

Now THAT'S funny! :D

Interesting prototype, Bruce. I can't wait to see where you go with it.

Oh, and Mike, who's Cave?[}:)];)

Texatdurango

...Tutorial:
3) Practice
Bruce don't take this as criticism but shouldn't step 3 in your tutorial be practice, practice, practice rather than just practice? I just didn't want some readers to think this is an easy one day process.:)

GaryMGg

If I make one of those, can I substitute a BK Crown in the proto?
Is that a right-handed sword? Will a left-handed one work?
Regarding #1 in the tutorial, is there a free trial version I can download?
Regarding #3 in the tutorial, I don't understand. Can you elaborate?!?!?

[}:)][:eek:)]:D:D

Draken

That is really cool Bruce, can't wait to see where you go with it. I too hope you'll bring it to the picnic, I'd love to see it in person. You could also do a demo at the picnic if you wanted... :)

Dan_F

Bruce---In your quest for parsimony, you forgot to mention what type of guitar strings the ball ends came from. Are they phosphor bronze, nickel alloy, or what? :D

Dan

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Let me try to answer some of your questions...
Cav - you may keep one copy for your personal use but may not reproduce without authorization.

Roy - I realize they use a different language in Oklahoma, so may I first suggest a course in English as a second language

John (one of the more sensible comments) - I was going to plate it, but there are some issues - particularly with the thickness and strength of the sword, so next step is to modify with thicker materials and move to all silver. At some point I would like to do molds but more than likely each piece will be unique.

To my NOVA picnic friends: Yes - I'll bring it and/or its successor in whatever state that is in. May also bring the tap and die if anyone wants to try a triple start thread.

George - you're right, I should have added 2 more practice sessions. I will correct in next version

Don - NO!

Bob - Probably in China as soon as they read this thread and see the potential sales from counterfeits.

Dan - sorry no guitar strings in this one.

OKLAHOMAN

Jew mean I kned to lern nother langwich to lernt how to mke pen lik in pictre. Way to much truble.

Let me try to answer some of your questions...

Roy - I realize they use a different language in Oklahoma, so may I first suggest a course in English as a second language

Top Bottom