Buffalo horn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

For those who don't know, EdStreet is now emailing all his friends and asking them to come and post--one came, the rest will follow.

Yes, it IS necessary, I have had enough!

if you are "better" than this, why are you wasting your time with it? I dont know what the beef is, but it seems quite childish. Whether you agree or disagree with ones opinions, cant we all just get along?

And im not sure if you are referring to me as one of his "friends", but its kind of hard to miss it when the post is refreshed on the front page of IAP and low and behold your name is on it as the person that commented.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
For those who don't know, EdStreet is now emailing all his friends and asking them to come and post--one came, the rest will follow.

Yes, it IS necessary, I have had enough!

if you are "better" than this, why are you wasting your time with it? I dont know what the beef is, but it seems quite childish. Whether you agree or disagree with ones opinions, cant we all just get along?

And im not sure if you are referring to me as one of his "friends", but its kind of hard to miss it when the post is refreshed on the front page of IAP and low and behold your name is on it as the person that commented.

Ed's "shadowing" me and posting on threads of our customers is having a negative effect on the "fun" in penmaking. When he stops, I will leave him alone, as I have done for the most part on Jerry's facebook forum.

When he harasses my customers and my friends, I am compelled to voice an opinion.

I'm sure you would do the same if I started telling your customers that your snakes were not really snakes, at all!!

edstreet

Good info here Ed, thanks for sharing. I found this....interesting piece:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxc77xE0_po

Yes, good video. We have been using horn with knives for a very very very long time. Here is one that I made about 10 years ago.

attachment.php

Attachments

• edc-buffalo-horn.jpg
    edc-buffalo-horn.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 365

farmer

Horn antler tusk

You could heat the water buffalo horn up an pour some thin ca into the pours of the horn.

Water buffalo horn is extremely porous not really that hard to stabilize with CA or thin epoxy.

I do allot of work using antler or horn.
I am one of those that only uses Natural materials.
Anything white is always animal bone horn antler or tusk.

After I drill my antler or bone I normally plug one end and fill the hole with a thin epoxy.

Wood hardener works too..............

Ps we all should be wearing something to protect our lungs on almost everything we turn or drill cut or machine.
Cant believe you guys are having words over this, I thought you all were friends ?

Farmer.
Not much land dam few cattle

Last edited:

farmer

Knife

Good info here Ed, thanks for sharing. I found this....interesting piece:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxc77xE0_po

Yes, good video. We have been using horn with knives for a very very very long time. Here is one that I made about 10 years ago.

attachment.php

Nice work Ed

darrin1200

Have you ever stabilized buffalo horn with cactus juice, or would the heat from curing be problematic?

You could heat the water buffalo horn up an pour some thin ca into the pours of the horn.

Water buffalo horn is extremely porous not really that hard to stabilize with CA or thin epoxy.

I do allot of work using antler or horn.
I am one of those that only uses Natural materials.
Anything white is always animal bone horn antler or tusk.

After I drill my antler or bone I normally plug one end and fill the hole with a thin epoxy.

Wood hardener works too..............

Ps we all should be wearing something to protect our lungs on almost everything we turn or drill cut or machine.
Cant believe you guys are having words over this, I thought you all were friends ?

Farmer.
Not much land dam few cattle

edstreet

Have you ever stabilized buffalo horn with cactus juice, or would the heat from curing be problematic?

It can be done but pointless and costly. Penetration depth will net you at most something like 1/32". You can see the sides where the stabilizing/dye stopped penetrating.

This is professionally stabilized and red dyed with equipment that is unobtainable via the home/backyard stabilizing setup, from 2005.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8807.jpg
    IMG_8807.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 221

farmer

Horn

Sorry never tried cactus juice.

I have also never stained water buffalo horn.
I have stained elk horn on the end cut of the horn in coffee

Top Bottom