Brass cartridges for pen bodies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

I'm sure this might have been addressed before but I'm too lazy to do a search. I was looking at Firebuckets's pen on the gallery. There were some brass cartridges in the picture. Has anyone done a pen using a trimmed cartridge for the main body of the pen? Let me know and how you prepared the cartridge. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CrashmanS

I do them with 30-06 and wood top and 30-06 and 308 top. Good sellers. These are real bullets for the nib I machined out for the cartridge. There are a few tutorials online that explain the process. Let time see if I can find it.
521bb7dd00771b6b5b957ffaa4c8962b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Woodchipper

Pounding all these keys is making me tired. I did get a tutorial from a forum member. It is a long and involved process of drilling, soldering, and building the pen.

Dehn0045

Try this

Sorry, I couldn't resist. For the other "not too lazy to respond, but too lazy to provide meaningful information" folks, you can make you own links here: https://lmgtfy.com/ (aka Let Me Google That For You). Or various other sites that do similar things...

Woodchipper

Thanks for the reminder about the library. How do I get a library card? :beauty:
j/k, will look there in the future as it seems there is a lot of info there.

seamus7227

Here I used a 30-06 rifle shell and the upper components of the cartridge twist pen (clip, finial, and center band). I think Berea Hardwoods sells the kit. Snakeskin cast tube with the customers Ranch Brand and their initials on the brand as well as last name initial on the "primer" that is seated in the finial. [emoji12]
bd42493a489b35cb2b2df74447176845.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom