1 roller, 2 tubes, 2 pens!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
After replying to the thread about encasing liquids, I went and got the Jr. Gent II kit i am working on right now. It is for a closed end rollerball with a three color PR pour. I wanted to look at the two trim rings to verify that they are different sizes and as you all already knew, they are.

Well, while i was looking at the trim rings, and the end cap and nib coupler, I realized a cool opportunity. Since i am making this pen closed end, I knew the end cap would be extra parts. I noticed the nib end cap coupler are the same size. With a quick test fit, I confirmed my theory. I can do away with the finial portion of the end cap, and use the coupler and trim ring to make a second closed end pen. Naturally, I only have enough hardware for one lid, but this can still be fun.

First, I am going to make the lid with a flat profile. Then i will use the actual nib hardware and the biggest trim ring to make a large pen. Then i will use the end cap hardware and the small trim ring to make a smaller, shorter version of the first. That way, all you have to do is transfer the nib, refill, and cap and you have a totally different pen!

Next time i might try a two color pour on the lid, then do a barrell of each color! This might become a fun accident! Definately a fun way to maximize the potential of leftover pieces.

RAdams

Banned
LOL... Ok. I will be making these pens i the next couple of days. When i get it finished, I will post up some pics!

Top Bottom