IAP 2008 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST-4 JAN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Welcome to the fourth day of this year's TRIVIA CONTEST. You will have until 12 noon EST tomorrow to email your answer to this question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.

All correct answers "postmarked" before noon will be placed in a hat and two winners selected every day. The winners will be announced about 8 P.M. EST. on the day the question closes and the decision of the TRIVIAMEISTER will be final.

HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK !!!

Question four day for.....
An unusual plating for pen hardware is made from a mixture of gold and copper and is only available from one U.S. pen kit manufacturer/distributor. What is the plating called and who is the manufacturer?

Email your answer to: 2008bashtrivia@penturners.org

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
ANOTHER easy one:

OLD COP!!!!!

And we have a couple members who can identify!!!
(And, I hope, not be offended)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Randy, first, concrats on becoming a mod. We need someone to keep Ed under control;)
Second, is this one of those trick questions? I didn't know that there was ANY US kit manufacturers[?]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I believe the key words in Randy's question are "U.S. pen manufacturer". Note that it does not say the pens (I suspect Randy meant pen KITS) are manufactured in the U.S.

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by DCBluesman

I believe the key words in Randy's question are "U.S. pen manufacturer". Note that it does not say the pens (I suspect Randy meant pen KITS) are manufactured in the U.S.

Thanks Lou, believe it or not, it's now clearer as to the wording. I guess there's no longer any fears that "we" are losing jobs overseas and yet "we" are still manufactuers. Perhaps "we" can start another topic at another time since this is a very interesting point.

-Peter-:)

Randy_

Originally posted by skiprat

Randy, first, concrats on becoming a mod. We need someone to keep Ed under control;)

Thanks, Skippy; but it is just a temp thing so I can help out with some of the Trivia Contest bookkeeping. After the contest is over, I change back into a pumpkin or a frog or whatever it is??

As for Ed, I think the onliest thing that will keep him in line is a Marine DI or a wife. Certainly nothing else has!![^]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Randy_

As for Ed, I think the onliest thing that will keep him in line is a Marine DI or a wife. Certainly nothing else has!![^]

Nah, I used to like water, now I even stay away from Marineland!!

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by ed4copies

Nah, I used to like water, now I even stay away from Marineland!!

Notice he didn't make any comment about the "wife" part???? [}:)]

Of course as the daughter of a retired COP I can identify [:0][:p]

Mrs

IPD_Mrs

The language in some of my questions has probably been a little fuzzy; but I'm quite comfortable with this one.[}:)][}:)][}:)]

I'll give you your comfort with today's. yesterday's however ..[B)]

lol
Mrs.

Ron Mc

Forget about where the hardware is made........
I'm still trying to figure this out, "Question four day for.....";)

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by Ron Mc

Forget about where the hardware is made........
I'm still trying to figure this out, "Question four day for.....";)

Given that the question "at least on surface level" seems fairly straight forward and relatively easy. I suggest you just take some aspirin and stop trying to make sense from nonsense. At least that way your headache will be addressed. :D[:p]

Jarheaded

Thank god, all the for and four and the water was making me nauseas.

Might not have been all the talk, I think I have the flu. I should have listened and got that shot like she said to(don't let her know that).[:0]:D[V]

IPD_Mrs

Hey Randy - It's 8:35. Are you watching FOOTBALL or something .. we want ANSWERS MAN. Come on now don't keep us waiting too long or we may revolt .. that or just demand that you double all prizes from here on out [}:)][}:)][}:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Answer is Swiss Rose Gold and it is plated in AMERICA (by a jeweler whose name is not listed) for Berea who is the exclusive seller.

I am NOT an official source, but this IS the right answer.

M

Mudder

Answer is Swiss Rose Gold and it is plated in AMERICA (by a jeweler whose name is not listed) for Berea who is the exclusive seller.

Gee Ed;

Are you sure it's not 18K Swiss Rose Gold as listed on Berea's site?

Ed -

I beg to differ. I believe an answer stating anything less than 18K Swiss Rose Gold manufactured by The Berea Hardwoods Co. Inc. would be incorrect.

IPD_Mrs

Question four day for.....
What is the plating called and who is the manufacturer?

Ed maybe you should try to read a little more clearly. The question was not who does the plating. Your answer is incorrect and nominates you for the LOOSER CLUB. Please locate the appropriate thread in "Casual Conversation" and leave this thread to those of us seeking true and accurate information.[:eek:)]

Have you been to Middleburg, OH? Have you seen a manufacturing plant in their warehouse? Makes more sense that someone named Ling Ho is mass producing these (manufacturing) in some sweat shop in Asia for $.50 a week![^]

Mike

TBone

Originally posted by Jarheaded

Sorry, I was out of line.

And beat Ed to it!!!!!
Johnnie,
I hope you didn't think I was upset. Absolutely not out of line to me. No one on here can be more of a smarta$$ than myself. I enjoyed the comment, made me laugh. :D

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by THarvey

Originally posted by fiferb

Wow, this is a tough crowd. I hope all of you settle down some before I take over next Friday.:)

NOT A CHANCE!

Better go ahead and take over now - looks like Randy retired early. But I agree with T and Jar. Not a chance we're gonna settle down and we are just havin some fun :D

Top Bottom