Did You Enjoy The Birthday Bash?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

The fourth annual IAP Birthday Bash is now over!

Did you have fun?

Was it a worthwhile effort?

Are there things you would do again, or not do again?

What was your favorite part of the Birthday Bash?

Can you think of anything you would like to see us do?

In other words, we would like to hear what you have to say! So jump in and let me have it! [:p]

Scott.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rcarman

I thought it was well planned and well executed. Lots of volunter time and effort went into this and they all deserve a big thank you for their efforts in helping keep this site to benefit us all. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Scott

Oh no!!!!

Did you have fun?

Oh Yes!!!!!

Oh Yes!!!!

Oh No!!!!!

Dunno!!!

Dance?

In other words, we would like to hear what you have to say! So jump in and let me have it! [:p]

:D:D:D

Scott.

hillikus

First birthday bash for me and I must say that there is no possible way I could ever complain after receiving an amazing box of blanks and extras from Sparhawk for simply learning how to whiten deer antler. There aren't many communities that have members as generous as this and it's certainly not everyday that you can type "hydrogen peroxide" and get a dozen blanks of wood that you've never turned before. Many thanks to everyone involved in putting this together and also to the donors as well. I'm sure it wouldn't have been possible without your support. As we say in the Navy, "Bravo Zulu, Job well done."

sparhawk

This was my first Bday bash and i loved every minute of it.When i was working nights first thing i did when i got home was research and answer the trivia from the day before. The few days i had off i worked on the pen turners challenge. When i was working days i would come home that night and go straight for the computer to answer that days trivia. I dont remember doin anything else for 30 days but my wife says i took out the garbage at least 4 times.:DI want to give the biggest thank you I can to all the people who donated thier time and resources to this event.And though i have only been here about 6 months it feels like a home i have lived in for ever. You guys are the greatest. Thanks again, Hugo(Sparhawk)

jhs494

I really enjoyed it. This was my first and the trivia questions are great. Some fun, others make you think, and some others well[V].

The whole B-day bash is a great idea.
I really found out a lot of info that I may have not seen otherwise.

It was nice to see the creativity in the penmakers challenge.

Everything was handled very professional and it was interesting to see it all unfold.

I just wish the search function worked better. I have no suggestions on how, but it is a little lacking.

Thanks for an outstanding time!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
You don't have to go home
But you can't stay here
You can walk, you can crawl
Get carried off by the law
But you will get the hell out of here
But you can't stay here
(Thanks to Gretchen Wilson)

Back to the other forums for another year!

Rick_G

First time and didn't win anything but the money went to a good cause and I had lots of fun. Things to do different, you could pull my name next year so I can get out of this losers club. Good company even as a loser though.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This was the best Bash yet! Loads of participation, lurkers coming out of the closet, lots of humor and fun AND we raised a few bucks to keep the lights on. Thanks to all of the volunteers who worked on this. Having worked on a couple in prior years, I know how time consuming some of the jobs are. Thanks to Scott Greaves for leading the charge. A very special thanks to Jeff Brown who has kept the lights on for four years. Without him, we'd be nowhere. What to add for next year? Add more emoticons so Ed Brown can REALLY express himself!

stevers

Originally posted by Scott

Did you have fun?

I would like to win again!

Winning!

Let me win more next year!

Scott.

But seriously, it was a lot of fun. You all did a fantastic job putting it on. Thank You!!!

karlkuehn

Banned
This was my first one, and I thought it was great! I was amazed at the amount of participation and fun things to do. Thanks to all of you who helped organize and run. I don't think I've ever been to a month long party before. heh..at least not one that I remember [}:)]

Can't wait until next year! I wish I would have had more time for the trivia stuff, but after sticking it out for a couple weeks, I was losing a few too many hours digging up answers.

I really enjoyed everything, and the winning was alright, I guess. *snorts* Okay, okay, so the winning really was the best part! :D[:p]

n7blw

It was great fun for this noobie. And I even won a bunch of blanks from the Trivia Contest. Thanks to all of the folks who made it happen. And a special thanks to OKLAHOMAN for all the blanks I get to play with now :)

rlharding

This was my first and I thought it was great. I was impressed by the donated gifts from suppliers and really surprised/warmed by all the spontaneous gift giving that went on from members - my thanks to all.

what I would change:
:)I never did see week three and four of the pen challenges. I search but to no avail. I saw wk. 1&2 because another poster gave me a link. I think somehow there should be easily available links for all the things turned as part of the b'day bash, pictures of the same as well as pictures of other pens that were winners in other categories.

:)After a couple of exchanged emails the timing was sorted out so that the east coast didn't have a few hours advantage over the central &west coast. However, that didn't include our international members. I don't know if there is an ideal 'time' o post time sensitive posts yet as we are an international organization perhaps better thinkers than I could come up with it.

:)As others have said elsewhere, I think the overall price to get in to some of the auctions/deals was onerous. I had to think about how I was going to pay to participate because I had seriously overspent on turning supplies over the holidays. Having said 'no more money on pens till I sell another 20' I couldn't follow through on that because I wanted to join in. Anybody on a fixed income would have found it more hard than I did.

:)I liked the trivia questions though sometimes I didn't enter, just because I guess. Some of the questions were too simple. I think questions that were not related to the site would be good; many of them depended on one's ability to search through the library or posts. I think questions could be related to pen turning but the answers would have to be looked for 'elsewhere' - a suppliers site, other turning site libraries etc.

[?]I was thinking about a Christmas in July fund raising. (No, I don't celebrate Christmas but that's what the holiday is for.) Maybe that way folks might have more expendable income that at December/January when presents and credit card bills will be overwhelming.

None of my comments above in any way should be seen to detract from the hard work that the organizers did. It was a lot of fun. If it was run the same way again next year I wouldn't be disappointed.

Now here comes my last note: From comments posted it would seem that Jeff has been at the helm for 4 years. It's clear that there are others that do things that need to be done....but...what happens if Jeff isn't around and some of the other key doers are not around? Is there a plan in place to train people to take over?
Thanks for reading this far [8D].

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
It was my first birthday bash. It's a great idea. Was well organized. A boat load of fun. Some of the trivia questions were simple but made you search the site or other resources which is the whole idea to start with. Brilliant idea for site support.

The only person I feel sorry for is David Briski (dbriski). Poor thing had to settle for a PHdesigns vise. My heart goes out to him!
:D:D[}:)];):D

Yup,

Love it, I can't keep up with the postings, I never win prizes, but I don't care, it builds up our community and that matters more to me than winning prizes:)

Great Job every one, this is my favorite pen site!;)

NavyDiver

It was a great time. I would like to see who answered the most trivia questions correctly with a prize going to the member with the most correct answers (draw for a tie).

bkc

It's the first BD Bash I've been here for also. And I have to say it was great. Of course I do, I won top prize in the drawing lol But I was having fun before the drawing even. Not one that likes fighting search engines hunting down information, you gave me incentive to do it with the trivia contest. I'll be here for the next Bash too :)

I have appreciated all the help and information this site offers.

Off to finish shopping with my certificate ;)

GaryMGg

What the heck kinda place is this?!?!? The beertender ran out after the first week. :(
[}:)][:eek:)]

Lots of fun for all.
The only suggestion I can make is to remind us in early November that Jan. '09 will be the 5th Annual Birthday Bash so we can start working out and get in shape for the events. :D:D

nylajune

This was my first Birthday Bash and I enjoyed it immensely!:D Would like to extend a huge "Thank You!", to all those who made it possible.

Nyla

gmcnut

Scott,

Yes, I enjoyed the birthday bash. I only entered the liars contest and found out I am such a beginner. Much more creative stories than I could ever have come up with.

Thank you and also thanks to all of the others who helped out with it and provided all of the prizes.

great12b4ever

Overall I thought the B'day bash went extremely well. I enjoyed SOME of the Trivia contest, got irked at others. I diagreed with some of the methods of getting the answers, and even disagreed with some of the answers (made me think of our family reunions where no one could agree on almost anything :D:D). I enjoyed being a resident of the LOSERS CLUB until the last day. I just wish I would have had more time to enter more of the challenges and contest, but had too many funerals and things that kept me away for long stretches. Can't wait for the nest one. Kuddos to all of the volunteers except for the Trivia Meisters that didn't draw my name. [}:)][}:)]:D

wudnhed

Posted by rlharding: "I never did see week three and four of the pen challenges. I search but to no avail. I saw wk. 1&2 because another poster gave me a link. I think somehow there should be easily available links for all the things turned as part of the b'day bash, pictures of the same as well as pictures of other pens that were winners in other categories".

I'm having a hard time understanding why you can see the challenges!? All you need to do is click on each challenge subject in the Birthday Bash forum. I hope this helps.

Jarheaded

Scott,
I think that this was one of the funnest months that I have had in a long time. I would love to do it again. Next year, if you need a hand, I would be happy to lend one.
Thanks for a great time and thanks to all the donors for the great prizes.
Johnnie

Top Bottom