28 JAN - IAP 2008 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Welcome to the 28th day of this year's IAP TRIVIA CONTEST</u>.
All entries "postmarked" before noon tomorrow will be placed in a hat and two winners selected for every contest. Winners will be the first two entries selected that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question.
The winners will be announced by 10 P.M. ET tomorrow and the decision of the TRIVIAMEISTER will be final.
Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

The Question for Day 28:
"The TriviaMesiter steps back on the pitcher's mound ... he winds up . . . he throws ... it's an inside pitch . . . and he brushes the IAP members back off of the plate!"!

Back in December, an ebay seller listed 5 tons of snakewood for sale with a starting bid of $54,000. "Jim in Oakville" was looking for an IAP member to "split the order with."

In what country was the ebay seller located?

Note: PLEASE do not email "Jim in Oakville" asking him for the answer . . . you don't have to go to Canada to find the answer.

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include more than one possible alternative answer are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.

Good luck!!

Email your answer to: 2008bashtrivia@penturners.org

You MUST show the date and name of the contest in the title block of the email i.e., 28 Jan Trivia. Your screen name must be included with your answer to be a valid entry!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

Originally posted by Jim in Oakville

Hmmm, I was wondering where to store all of this wood for the Winter...[:eek:)]

Hope you didn't spring for it...it's down to $50K now...might have to see if he's got 2 loads at that bargain price;)

Jarheaded

$50k and free shipping to boot. Jim if you have a problem storing all that wood, just let me know and I will even swing by with a truck to help move it to my shop/storage. No charge. :)
Johnnie

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by DocStram

By the way, for my punctuation friends out there ..... the !"! in the Day 28 question was a joke. Get it? ;):D

You are such a "ham" Doc .. should we cook you with honey and pineapple sauce???????????;)

[:X]

DocStram

Trivia Contest Winners</u>

Question: Back in December, an ebay seller listed 5 tons of snakewood for sale with a starting bid of $54,000. "Jim in Oakville" was looking for an IAP member to "split the order with."

In what country was the ebay seller located?

The correct answer: Suriname (also spelled Surinam)

Note: There were 66 responses for this question with 65 being correct.

The winners of the day 28 contest are:

Skiprat

and

Tbone

And the prizes are:

Prize One - set of 3D EPR DooHickey embellishments for closed end
pens. 6 embellishments YoYoSpin

Prize Two - Pen Blanks from Darley

*****CONGRATULATIONS*****

Note: Both winners need to go to Andrew Jordan's profile and email him with:

1. Name and date of the contest you won. (Example: Jan 28 Trivia)
2. Your mailing address and
3. Your prize preference. (If you both select the same prize, Andrew will flip a coin to determine who gets what.
4. Phone number.

I would like to remind each winner that the gift you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of the IAP. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize. Thanks.

Originally posted by DocStram

Note: There were 66 responses for this question with 65 being correct.

Hey, Doc. Who got it wrong and what his or her answer? We need someone else to poke fun at now that the Trivia Meister has instituted guidelines making himself immune from such hijinks.

NavyDiver

There must be some mistake! Tbone is a charter member of the Losers Club (not to mention a Duke fan [B)]). I demand a recount!! There must be some hanging chads!!!

Oh well, congrats Tommy :D [8D].

TBone

Do you feel it? The winds of change are starting to blow. I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway when the winds changed to be able to escape the island. After 2 years of looking, searching, researching and submitting correct answers, the Trivia Gods have finally smiled upon me. Finally the bonds of the Loser's Club have been shed. No longer must I endure the companionship of these losers. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. [}:)][}:)]

My deepest sympathies to the remaining members of the Loser's Club. Hang in there, perserverance does pay off. :D

Originally posted by TBone

No longer must I endure the companionship of these losers. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Was that a gloat, Tommy? Because it sure sounded like a gloat. A big, fat, hairy gloat.

As we proud losers fondly bid adieu to another graduate as he passes over to the sunlit side, we invoke our club chant, reminding ourselves of the values that keep us firmly rooted in the mire:

Losers, losers evermore,
Defeat is what we hunger for.
Vainglorious cries we abhor.
Victory is the devil’s whore.
Losers, losers evermore.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Originally posted by TBone

Do you feel it? The winds of change are starting to blow. I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway when the winds changed to be able to escape the island. After 2 years of looking, searching, researching and submitting correct answers, the Trivia Gods have finally smiled upon me. Finally the bonds of the Loser's Club have been shed. No longer must I endure the companionship of these losers. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. [}:)][}:)]

My deepest sympathies to the remaining members of the Loser's Club. Hang in there, perserverance does pay off. :D

I know it's tough to leave the loser's club, Tbone, but you have to send me your address so you can get your prize! :D

TBone

Originally posted by Proud_Poppa_of_2
Was that a gloat, Tommy? Because it sure sounded like a gloat. A big, fat, hairy gloat.

After 2 years....Oh yeah. It WAS a big hairy one. [}:)]

Sorry, couldn't resist one parting shot :D

Top Bottom