26 JAN - IAP 2008 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Welcome to the 26th day of this year's IAP TRIVIA CONTEST</u>.
All entries "postmarked" before noon tomorrow will be placed in a hat and two winners selected for every contest. Winners will be the first two entries selected that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question.
The winners will be announced by 10 P.M. ET tomorrow and the decision of the TRIVIAMEISTER will be final.
Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

The question for day 26 is a slow pitch over the plate . . .

One of our suppliers is celebrating its 25th year of being in business. Name the company. Correct answers will include the full name of the company.

Note: I wrote the trivia questions back in December, 2007. Which means, the supplier in question JUST CELEBRATED their 25th year. They are now in their 26th year of business!

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.

Good luck!!

Email your answer to: 2008bashtrivia@penturners.org

You MUST show the date and name of the contest in the title block of the email i.e., 26 Jan Trivia.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by DocStram

I played slow-pitch softball as a younger man and led the league in strike outs year after year. I'm afraid your generous attempt to help some of us out of the IAP losers club will be met with a swing and whiff.

DocStram

Originally posted by Proud_Poppa_of_2

I played slow-pitch softball as a younger man and led the league in strike outs year after year. I'm afraid your generous attempt to help some of us out of the IAP losers club will be met with a swing and whiff.

Wait a second ... let me get this straight. You led the league in "strike outs," as in, you were the pitcher who struck out the most batters? Or .... you mean "strike outs" as in, whenever you were at bat, you ..... errr .... ummmm .... ahem ... nevermind. I think I get it now. :(

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by Proud_Poppa_of_2

Wait a second ... let me get this straight. You led the league in "strike outs," as in, you were the pitcher who struck out the most batters? Or .... you mean "strike outs" as in, whenever you were at bat, you ..... errr .... ummmm .... ahem ... nevermind. I think I get it now. :(

Rot Roh . . . I coached Boys Little League in a previous lifetime...
Never had much to do with the softball side of things as my daughter only played one season and then decided she didn't like it (while I was coaching the boys) so I did not get a chance to get as involved. So .. even though I feel at a slight disadvantage since you have so quickly tied this to the SOFTBALL side of the sport .. I think I'll go ahead and play anyway. My boys made it to the semi-finals that year. :D

[:X] Mrs.

Sadly, I was the sorry sap swinging the bat. Worse, we had a team rule that whomever struck out had to bring a case of beer the next week for each of his strike outs that night</u>. Since we played two games per night, I regret telling you that sometimes my performance from the previous week was sufficient to quench the thirst of our team, of our opponents, of our team's fans, of our opponents' fans, of the umpires, of the umpires' fans, and of the police who came to quell the rowdiness.

Softball is an expensive sport.

Jarheaded

I never understood those sports. You have a bat in your hands. You hit the ball. You drop the bat and run at people that are trying to stop you from scoring. Why would you drop the bat if you really want to score. This makes no sense to me. Seems like your'e dropping the main advantage that you have over the other players, with 9-1 odds, I feel a bat is not that much of an advantage anyways, but it would help. I guess that is why I chose the career feild that I did, they don't require you to drop your advantage, they actually encourage you to keep it. :D
Johnnie

pssherman

Oh man is this easy. Their catalog finally showed up in today's mail.:):)
This has got to be more than mere coincidence. I must be destined to win this one. So, you might as well not bother sending in an entry as it will be a futile effort.[:eek:)]

Paul in AR

DocStram

Originally posted by pssherman

Oh man is this easy. Their catalog finally showed up in today's mail.:):)
This has got to be more than mere coincidence. I must be destined to win this one. So, you might as well not bother sending in an entry as it will be a futile effort.[:eek:)]

Paul in AR
Soooo you're looking for a little challenge, are ya? :D:D:D The TriviaMeister has a special one coming your way real soon. Like, tomorrow! [}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][:p]

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by Jarheaded

I never understood those sports. You have a bat in your hands. You hit the ball. You drop the bat and run at people that are trying to stop you from scoring. Why would you drop the bat if you really want to score. This makes no sense to me. Seems like your'e dropping the main advantage that you have over the other players, with 9-1 odds, I feel a bat is not that much of an advantage anyways, but it would help. I guess that is why I chose the career feild that I did, they don't require you to drop your advantage, they actually encourage you to keep it. :D
Johnnie

Perhaps trying to win Without your advantage is the Challenge Johnnie. A test of one's skill.

I also like to test the skill of marksmanship from time to time ... that too is a fun sport .. they all have merit, I suppose it just depends on what interests you and how you look at it.

IPD_Mrs

I think Doc must be out playing some of that Slowwwwwwwwww Pitch Softball.... You know the kind the really Slowwwwwwwwww down for our Elders ..... I mean what else could slowwwwwww down the most punctual Triviameister to date???????????????????????????

Oh Doc .... where are ya Doc..... I hope he doesn't show up with a needle in his hand.... and if he does he best have some of that Knock out juice attached to the other end .. or there'll be a
FIGHT
2008127194345_boxing.gif

200812719420_brucelee.gif

DocStram

Trivia Contest Winners</u>

Question: One of our suppliers is celebrating its 25th year of being in business. Name the company. Correct answers will include the full name of the company.

Answer: Actually, there are three correct responses!
Craft Supplies USA
Beall Tool Company
Grizzly Industrial Inc.

Craft Supplies USA (in their 26th year of business but their latest catalogs announce that they are celebrating their 25th)

Beall Tool Company and Grizzly Industrial are also in their 25th year of business.

Note: There were 65 responses for this question with 65 being correct.

The winners of the day 26 contest are:

GaryMGg

and

Ronschmitt

And the prizes are:

Prize One - Novus polishing Kit(8 oz.) donated by MLKWoodworking

Prize Two - Pen Blanks donated by Rob

*****CONGRATULATIONS*****

Note: Both winners need to go to Andrew Jordan's profile and email him with:

1. Name and date of the contest you won. (Example: Jan 26 Trivia)
2. Your mailing address and
3. Your prize preference. (If you both select the same prize, Andrew will flip a coin to determine who gets what.
4. Phone number.

I would like to remind each winner that the gift you will be receiving has been donated by a supporter of the IAP. Please take a minute to email a note of appreciation when you receive your prize. Thanks.

GaryMGg

Woohoo!!! How fun.
I just got back from the shop and finished a chrome rattler sierra and a gunmetal slimline 30-06 two-tone rosewood burl casing pen.
Thanks again to all those making this party possible.
Ron -- I'd like you to take first choice and I'll take the one you don't pick. :D[8D]

DocStram

Originally posted by GaryMGg

Woohoo!!! How fun.
I just got back from the shop and finished a chrome rattler sierra and a gunmetal slimline 30-06 two-tone rosewood burl casing pen.
Thanks again to all those making this party possible.
Ron -- I'd like you to take first choice and I'll take the one you don't pick. :D[8D]

Gary ... you are one decent human being. How nice of you to make that offer to Ron. (Meanwhile, he wrote to me saying something like "Whatever you do ... don't let that rotten, low down rat Gary ... get first pick!!" ;);););)

Kidding, of course. :D

Top Bottom