Writing with an FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LouisQC

I only made two so far, one for me and the other I decided not to sell because it is in upgrade gold...

Now, I don't have any problem writing with it. Did I have the right way from the get go. I don't find writing with an FP very different. Anyone has tips, links, whatnot has to what you all refer to different writing style?

This is my daily writer:
387098588_cd880ebec4_m.jpg

Scott

Hi Louis!

If the ink is flowing for you, you muct be one of those lucky people who's writing style is suitable for fountain pen use. When I started using fountain pens, I found that I held the pen too upright. Most who use ball point pens hold the pen more upright and press down harder onto the paper. I had to conciously lay the pen over at more of an angle, and lighten up the pressure. I am still learning to use less pressure. Fortunately I have some pens that perform with only light pressure, nice juicy writers that start up without hesitation.

I will bet that as you use your fountain pen more that your writing style will adjust a little more, but you are one who is lucky that there wasn't much to change when switching to a fountain pen. Keep writing, and you'll see what I mean.

Scott.

PS - the picture didn't come up for me. I'd love to see your pen! SG

Hey Scott,

That is pretty much the same experience I had. Oh and I used to think the heavier the pen the better....but after reading a few things and understanding the way a FP works I now know that most like it light in the hand......any one for some HEAVY FP"S LOL[:0]

Top Bottom