Thread question..tap help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have been told that the Berea El grande nibs come with a 10mm x 1.0 thread. Can anyone verify this and what is a good source for a tap this size?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bmachin

Unless they have changed it in the past couple of years, m10-1.0 is correct. I have used several but haven't bought any lately.

Victornet.com has the taps for $6.10. However they have a $25 minimum order. You can pick them up on Amazon for about the same price with shipping in the 4-5 dollar range.

Also MSC, Mcmaster, etc, but these sources are generally more expensive

Thanks!

Unless they have changed it in the past couple of years, m10-1.0 is correct. I have used several but haven't bought any lately.

Victornet.com has the taps for $6.10. However they have a $25 minimum order. You can pick them up on Amazon for about the same price with shipping in the 4-5 dollar range.

Also MSC, Mcmaster, etc, but these sources are generally more expensive

magpens

Thread size is correct as stated by Bill. . I have recently made pens using the El Grande section.

I bought a set of metric taps from an auto parts supplier and it included a 10mm x 1mm tap ... of course I had to buy the whole set !!

Thanks...

Thanks for the info.!! I also hav recently bought a metric tap & die set & had 2 10mm taps! One was 10mm x 1.5 & the other was 10mm x 1.25!!!:beauty:

Top Bottom