Is there demand for an American made size 6 and 5 nibs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Venu Rao

Hi,

Just wanted to get some input from the pen turning community if there would be interest in an American made size 6 and 5 steel nib. Please feel free to respond assuming the quality would be equal to the quality of offerings from European manufacturers.

Thanks,
Venu

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Im sure the pen turning community would love it but can you get the pen affectionados to accept them? The members that are large producers of custom pens make what sells.

Let me add in, Are you making nibs only or nib and feed assemblies?

Chasper

I'm interested, no specifically because they would be American made, but interested because I'm always looking for higher quality at comparable prices. Unfortunately I'm not a big user, not more and 200-300 per year, more size 6 and size 5

Venu Rao

I do not want to be evasive. If I go ahead I can deploy presses that can churn out 108 nibs a minute. The question is can or will the eco-system support such a venture.What other details would you like about the scale ?

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Venu !!!!

I see that you have been a member since 2008 but it seems this is the first time you have posted ... so just wanted you to know you are welcome !!
It's good to hear from you !

Last edited:
Top Bottom