Sterling Silver

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

My memory isn't what it once was, but I seem to remember that one of our vendors offered a fountain pen with parts in sterling silver, not silver plate. But it was only one style. Who and which pen is it? I've had such a request but couldn't find anything on CSUSA, AS or Bear Tooth. I know someone here will remember.

TIA!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Yep, Roy those are plated. At least according to Berea. I would swear that Berea used to have one (maybe the El Presidente) that you could get in solid sterling silver, but they don't list anything like that now. I'm looking at Silverpenparts stuff now.

alamocdc

Okay, so I checked out Silverpenpaarts.com. They have some really nice looking pieces, but my customer doesn't want to lay out that much moolah. So I guess she's stuck with something I already have. Oh well, se la vie. Thanks for the replies!

mrburls

Hi Billy, It was the El Grade that Berea use to offer a number of years ago in solid sterling silver. I know this for certain, I just sold the two kits I've had for years on Sunday on eBay. Cleaning out my kits and blanks that I don't use anymore. They cost something like $32.50 a kit back then.

Keith "mrburls"

azamiryou

... my customer doesn't want to lay out that much moolah.

Then I daresay she doesn't want to buy solid sterling. What would she expect to pay for a sterling ring? And how much more silver (and work) goes into parts for a pen?

I do silver work (including pen parts), and as far as I'm concerned, Mike's stuff (silverpenparts.com) is a steal at his prices.

alamocdc

I do silver work (including pen parts), and as far as I'm concerned, Mike's stuff (silverpenparts.com) is a steal at his prices.

You get no argument from me! I just can't stay within her budget with Mike's parts.

mrburls said:
Hi Billy, It was the El Grade that Berea use to offer a number of years ago in solid sterling silver. I know this for certain, I just sold the two kits I've had for years on Sunday on eBay. Cleaning out my kits and blanks that I don't use anymore.

Figures! But I knew my memory wasn't that bad. I wish I'd asked earlier, I would have bid on yours!!

So now, if anyone out there has a Berea El Grande in sterling silver (not plate) that they want to get rid of, PM me. I'll buy it if the price is right.:wink::wink:

bitshird

... my customer doesn't want to lay out that much moolah.

Then I daresay she doesn't want to buy solid sterling. What would she expect to pay for a sterling ring? And how much more silver (and work) goes into parts for a pen?

.I also do silver work, and with the price of 28.06 plus mill charges and that's for fine silver not Sterling, which costs more . A pen made from sterling is going to be expensive, I know I just spent 600.00 with Rio Grande for some sheet, bezel and solder, for a job I'm doing next week.

Top Bottom