Standard Fountain Pen Nib Kits - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Fountain Pens
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Fountain Pens The unique aspects of making, using, and selling fountain pens.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2018, 07:07 PM   #21 (permalink)

Photos: 14

#5 or #6 is a matter of personal preference. Usually, my clients prefer #6, don't know why.
Jowo or Bock is also a matter of personal user preference, both are German and ten times better than the Chinese IPG. Plating choice is larger at Jowo's, and 18k nibs are cheaper. As a maker, my experience is that Bock often needs adjustments, and Jowo more rarely does.

Last edited by Pierre---; 03-09-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Pierre--- is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-14-2018, 08:29 AM   #22 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Vic View Post
A lot of the newer kits are a #6 these days. Craft Supply USA has few selections for #5 and #6 nibs and Goulet Pens has a range of #6 for nib size and finish. Ernie over at Beartooth Woods has a lot of different nib section compatible with current kits so you can make a roller ball into a fountain pen. There are some other sites that escape me at the moment. Will post when I remember them.

https://www.gouletpens.com/replacement-nibs/c/294

https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/search?term=nib

Bear Tooth Woods - Refills / Nibs / Ink Pumps

Legal disclaimer. . . I'm not associated with any of these vendors nor can I be held liable for how much you spend upon perusing their site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre--- View Post
#5 or #6 is a matter of personal preference. Usually, my clients prefer #6, don't know why.
Jowo or Bock is also a matter of personal user preference, both are German and ten times better than the Chinese IPG. Plating choice is larger at Jowo's, and 18k nibs are cheaper. As a maker, my experience is that Bock often needs adjustments, and Jowo more rarely does.
I don't sell, but rather give them to family and friends. I've made several of the Jr Gents from Craft Supply and purchased a Fine nib to replace the Middle on one I kept for myself, but I don't know who makes their nibs.

I prefer the Lazerlinez kits because they are stainless steel, made in USA, and I've met Constant, who makes the components. He orders the nibs and converters from Schmidt.
corgicoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads