PSI Traditional FP - HELP!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timbo

I was going to make my first FP today. I decided to start with the PSI Traditional FP kit since it was relatively cheap. I got them from someone on this site. Anyway, the instructions seem to indicate that there should be a small notch in one of the brass tubes to accommodate the clip. Neither of the tubes in the kits i received have a notch. Is this normal? If so, how do you usually go about make the notch. Any other FP specific advice is welcome. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

I file it. Man it has been so long since I made one of these I totally forgot about it. I used a small triangle file once and I think I cut one out with an exacto knife as well. But I am a wood carver s well and would not recommend that one unless you have had some practice. you could probably try and use the end of a hack saw blade as well. it is just a little tiny notch so don't over do it.

ldb2000

I second the Dremel , but with a word of caution . Dremel bits can chew up allot of wood and brass tube real fast . Just take light cuts and measure often .

Timbo

Thanks for the advice guys. I ended up using a file. On end it was just about the right width. I'd give myself a "B-" on the results, but that was my first try. I have 9 of these kits left. I'm thinking about batching them up to do all at once, and making some sort of jig to assist cutting an accurate slot.

Top Bottom