Nibs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

buster

Just wondering if anyone knows where to get upgraded steel nibs in El Grande size. Im looking for different colors like solid silver and gold in instead of the one you get with the kit. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bradh

The gold is used for corrosion resistance and the iridium is used for wear resistance, both are important for the nib.
The choices in nibs usually have to do with the size of the ball on the end of the nib since this impacts the thickness of the ink line on paper.

Dan_F

I don't think Brian sells just nibs, but you could check with him. I think he now buys directly from a manufacturer, just like Lou. I think he used to buy steel nibs from Taccia, so you might be able to do the same. I've been very happy with Lou's though.

Taccia Pens

Dan

Scott

I believe these are Taccia steel nibs. I have a Taccia nib on one of the pens I have from Brian, and it is a real sweet number! Good luck!

Scott.

Firefyter-emt

FYI... if you want all silver, the plating on the OE nibs are very thin and a careful polish (by hand of a Dremel if you are good) will clean all that gold wash off the nib in seconds.

Top Bottom