Majestic clip issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerC

I ordered and turned some Majestics a few weeks ago, and I noticed when assembling that the clip doesn't seem to be the correct one. They didn't look to be the proper diameter. Am I missing something, or has anyone else experienced this? See pics below and look specifically at the transition from the wood to the clip to the finial. It was like this on each of the 4 kits I received.

40589855855_c7577a2d9a_b.jpg

41440918922_320d817b54_b.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PatrickR

I don't have any experience with that kit, but find I like the look of using a radius on the blank to match the radius of the clip at that joint. its more symmetrical and forgiving.

RogerC

I don't have any experience with that kit, but find I like the look of using a radius on the blank to match the radius of the clip at that joint. its more symmetrical and forgiving.

Roger;

Nice looking pens, you might want to turn down the barrel to match the clip OD and that i think will resolve the problem.

Charlie
Thanks, Charlie. I'm not sure turning down the barrel will totally fix the issue because the clip diameter is smaller than the end cap as well.

MRDucks2

I have noticed the same thing on some other kits. Before I turn I will check both the finial and clip ring diameters and the shape of the parts before deciding how I turn. Sometimes the clip ring is flush, sometimes proud and and sometimes recessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Curly

Maybe it is just the picture but it looks like the other end is a touch smaller than the centre band. Any chance you have the tube turned around?

magpens

Maybe it is just the picture but it looks like the other end is a touch smaller than the centre band. Any chance you have the tube turned around?

But the bushing sizes are the same ... 0.650" ... on both ends of the upper barrel (cap). . Would be very hard to get that sizing wrong.

Last edited:

ramaroodle

I've only turned 2 or 3 Majestics but don't remember having that issue. It is small but significant. I'll have to check when I get home.

LSgvwoAm.jpg

Last edited:

Cwalker935

I just happen to be working on a Majestic rollerball and the clip looks different than your photo. This clip is not rounded like yours seems to be.

93738B36-80D1-4139-962A-6436060795FA.jpg

TonyL

I have never made one, but notwithstanding what others suggest, is there an indentation in the finial for the clip to sit in (like the Liberty)?

TonyL

Long shot...but I missed that the first time on of those that had that. Thank you.

Top Bottom