How to change a nib.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Very nice job, Roy. Very informative.

Just a "technical" thought for your next video. Perhaps if the pens were lighted from the "camera side" it could be set to cast the shadows behind the white background, rather than into the pens.

I'm not complaining, as the video is great. I just know that you are always looking for refinements.

Respectfully submitted.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm very dissapointed that Joey Two Fingers doesn't have a Chicago gangster accent and also has all his fingers. He still has the knuckledusters though!!!:biggrin:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Nice videos, Roy. Which camera did you get?

You can embed and link to YouTube videos here with using the "yt" and "ytmini" BB code tags.

Use code like this with just the video number between the codes

[yt]fZLJKkn3FOU[/yt]

[ytmini]fZLJKkn3FOU[/ytmini]

Gives you the large (embedded) and mini (linked) thumbnails. You can choose what YouTube uses at the video thumbnail at their site.

[yt]fZLJKkn3FOU[/yt]

SDB777

If your light tent has a zipper in the back, that makes an excellent 'studio' free from just about all shadows.....

Informative video, thanks for doing this!

Scott (I don't fit in a box) B

OKLAHOMAN

Thanks, Jeff I will try that on my next video if folks want more of my ramblings. The camara I bought was not an expensive one it's the Toshiba Camileo H30, $159.00 at Amazon.
Nice videos, Roy. Which camera did you get?

You can embed and link to YouTube videos here with using the "yt" and "ytmini" BB code tags.

Use code like this with just the video number between the codes

[yt]fZLJKkn3FOU[/yt]

Gives you the large (embedded) and mini (linked) thumbnails. You can choose what YouTube uses at the video thumbnail at their site.

[yt]fZLJKkn3FOU[/yt]

hewunch

Roy great video! And quite informative. If I may suggest before the next one, find some fingernail clippers :eek: :wink:

OKLAHOMAN

LOL, Hans these are working mans hands but you and Dee are on the same page ........maybe a manicure before the next one :biggrin:
Roy great video! And quite informative. If I may suggest before the next one, find some fingernail clippers :eek: :wink:

hewunch

When my son's get like that I ask him if he is working on tree climbing merit badge. :tongue: oh and I noticed the clever editing of my "handle"... Cute :biggrin:

sumterdad

Thanks Roy. I actually just talked with ed about how to change a nib on a pen I bought a few days ago. So this comes at a great time.

scotian12

Roy..Thank you for this very informative video. When I sell a fountain pen to a new user I include an information sheet on the care of the pen. With your permission I will also include a reference to your video. Always great to start the New Year with something positive like your shared video. Darrell Eisner

JohnGreco

Roy- Great video a big help for somebody like myself who is less than a year into pen making and still relatively new altogether to fountain pens. I've always thought I had too heavy a hand for a fountain pen, maybe I just need to try one with a better nib :)

wiset1

Great video! I really need to head over to the site and pick up some replacement nibs.

renowb

Roy, you took my fear away! Now, I want to try it! Nice job and thanks!

OKLAHOMAN

Thanks to all who responded to this, I will try to make some more informative videos if you all stop complaining about my nails....Dee has made an appointment at her nail salon for me, now all she has to do is get me to go.

OKLAHOMAN

Of course you can use it in anyway you think will do you some good..
Roy..Thank you for this very informative video. When I sell a fountain pen to a new user I include an information sheet on the care of the pen. With your permission I will also include a reference to your video. Always great to start the New Year with something positive like your shared video. Darrell Eisner

That did answer a lot of questions for me. I've only made 1 fountain pen and I thought the scratching was part of the fountain pen experience. :redface: When you set the feed on the nib, is there a stop that it runs into or do you just have to eyeball it?

OKLAHOMAN

Christopher, There's no stop, you just need to eyeball it and bring the nib as far up the feed as possible with out it showing from the front.

That did answer a lot of questions for me. I've only made 1 fountain pen and I thought the scratching was part of the fountain pen experience. :redface: When you set the feed on the nib, is there a stop that it runs into or do you just have to eyeball it?

GrantH

Great video, though more light would show your pens off a lot nicer. Can't complain though, at least your narrative was clear! Many can't even do that well. :)

bensoelberg

Like everybody else, I thoroughly enjoyed your video (fingernails and all :biggrin:). I just got in my very first fountain pen ever and ordered an upgraded nib to go with it. Thinking that I was a pro now, I laid my pointer finger down, grabbed the curved part of the feed and pulled. Nothing. I pinched harder. Nothing. I said some words that I'm not supposed to, wiggled it back and forth. Still nothing. Any tips on getting the stubborn ones out?

Top Bottom