Have at it!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
After much procrastination on my part and some nudging by a few members, it's finally here. A forum for fountain pens. Sorry it took nearly forever!

As the forum description says, let's make it a place to discuss the unique aspects of making, using and selling fountain pens.

We have a number of fountain pen experts here, so get those good questions posted and let's put 'em to work!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

I'll second what Cav said. I have not made many fountain pens, but I'm getting more requests for them in the higher end pens. I really am glad to see this forum so I too can learn from the experts on this site.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Let me add my thanks for this forum. I have never turned a fountain pen (I did receive one in the pen swap thanks to jim15). I have already learned some things just reading the initial posts. It will be nice to come to one spot to find what you need. I predict a sharp rise in folks trying their hand at fp's. Hmmm...maybe it's time to stock up on things to sell to us new guys.:D:D Any vendors want to run a special on fp kits? Inks? Left handed nib adjusters.;) Just thinkin out loud!

Scott

Jeff! You caught me sleeping! :D

I LOVE fountain pens! That's all I use at work anymore. I will enjoy posting here on this topic!

For those of you who want to make and sell fountain pens, one word of advice. Learn to use a fountain pen! The people who will buy your fountain pens will likely know more aobut them than you do, but if they ask a basic question, and you can't answer it, you will not make the sale to them. Learn the jargon, and learn the use of them. Fountain pens are a truly enjoyable way to write, which is a nice bonus, but you need to know your stuff. Good luck and have fun!

Scott.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by Scott

... Learn to use a fountain pen! The people who will buy your fountain pens will likely know more aobut them than you do, but if they ask a basic question, and you can't answer it, you will not make the sale to them. Learn the jargon, and learn the use of them.

That brings an idea to mind. With the exception ou you, Lou, Anthony and possibly Lee, not many around here know any of the "Jargon", so let's make it a mission to educate IAP members on the ins and outs of fountain pens.

Keeping in mind that me and others are scouring the web like a bunch of little sponges soaking up everything we can learn about fountain pens, wouldn't it be fun to create a thread similar to "Stump the un-knowing"? Every now and then a veteran F/P user can pose a question for all to answer and none of the veterans are allowed to chime in until someone figures it out.

I think it would lead to some lively conversations as well as everyone learning something!

Top Bottom