Grandson wants to make FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jack barnes

My grandson who is 13 wants me to help him make a FP. after school tomarrow. I bought a El Grande with the crappy coupler. Is there a link some where about the use a care of FPs. I've made a few but don't use them and no nothing about them.

Jack

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Jack, Give Berea a call and see if they will send you the replacement coupler. Because you just bought the kit new, they might. I was told that all the new kits will have the coupler. For a 13yrold it would be a smart move. Is it a silver kit by chance? I bought a couple extra couplers if they don't send one for free, but only silver plated ones.

If you want, drop me an e-mail and I will send you my cell phone number if you want some advice...

jack barnes

Lee thanks for the offer but I picked up the 24 gold plate one at WC . I will call Berea and ask for a replacement.
If we run into problems I'll e-mail you.
Lou that is what I was looking for.

Jack

jack barnes

Do to school, boy scouts and other things, we finally got to make his FP. This was only his second pen. I drilled and glued the tubes for him, he did the rest. I gave him his own calipers show him how to use them and measure the parts. Showed him how to use a skew, and let him go at it. It took a couple hours to just turn the first blank, when i had told him take light cut that is what did. I think I'll have to replace the switch on the lathe
as when he got to the point of measuring it was a couple cuts stop and measure. ( he is going to be a real picky person, everything has to be just right.) The pen turned out better then some I've made. I've got a couple pictures if I could figure out how to post them I would as I'm so proud ot this kid.

Jack

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Posting photos is not hard.

• Start a thread as always or use the "Add Reply" button if you are in the middle of a thread. Do not use the "Quick Reply" feature.
  • Click the Manage Attachments button in the Additional Options section just below the Post New Thread section
  • Choose your photo form your computer and select upload
  • Now click on the photo name that shows up and open the photo.
  • Now select and copy the URL for the photo
  • Go back to your message and click the Insert Image button and paste the URL in the resulting box. Now it will show up just fine in your post as a full size pic!

Top Bottom