Fountain Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jtrusselle

I have an order for a fountain pen with italic stub extra fine nib and converter. Anyone know where I can order a kit? It must have silver trim.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bmachin

Meisternibs/Goulet/Edison has a 1.1mm Italic that I don't think would qualify as an extra fine stub so you are almost certainly looking at getting a custom grind. The first person who comes to my mind is Linda Kennedy at Indy-Pen-Dance. If she can't fit your time schedule, maybe she can suggest someone else who can. You might also check with the folks at Fountain Pen Network who are a lot more knowledgable about nibmeisters than most of us over here are.

Bill

duncsuss

If you're serious about "silver trim" -- as in, "solid Sterling silver components" -- then the person to speak to is Mike Redburn of Silver Pen Parts. (He's also the IAP Activities Manager, you'll be able to send him a private message.)

Mike is able to fix you up with pens that take either JoWo or Bock nib units.

There are several folks who offer nib grinding as a service. Personally, I'd start with a JoWo nib from Meisternibs.

Mike Redburn might be able to include that with the purchase of the silver pen parts so you don't have to buy things from all over the place. He probably knows a nib grinder too.

Top Bottom