Do It Yourself Nib Work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Mike now I know how to fix the nibs you send me if the postman has an accident with them.

Lin

PenMan1

I think that guy cheated by just holding up a new nib! WAY TOO MANY SPRAKS flying off that grinder running at 20,000 rpms. A LOT OF FUN to watch, though!

Thanks for sharing.

alamocdc

Nah, he wouldn't cheat would he? He ended up with Waterman 14ct #5. Not sure what he started with (couldn't read it too well), but it wasn't a Waterman. LOL!

OKLAHOMAN

I don't see whats so funny, that's just the way I do it except my lubrication is Old Weller 107 with a splash of water.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey Tam, that is classic !! Laughing my arse off !!! :biggrin:

At least he didn't secretly do a practice run !!!:tongue::biggrin:

MarkD

I personally don't see what was wrong with nib to begin with. I bet is made awesome double lines! :biggrin:

Ed McDonnell

And now I know the technical terms for different parts of the nibs. Tinnies seems like such an obvious term now.....and I can clearly see the value of having a good loupe available to nib work.

Ed

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Mike: Not to be sticking my nose in my kids business, but TO be sticking my nose in my kids business! You are getting ready to spend good dollars to have my daughter trained by Richard Binder. Do you not realize this person may have more knowledge in dealing with the kind of nibs she is likely to encounter? I'm inclined to think that just maybe, you should give Mr. Bender a rest and have her trained at this school of higher learning!

Nah, Scrap That idea. After all her years working with the connoisseurs of fine jewelry, I'm confident after a week with Mr. Binder, she will be on the road to doing what he does just as well as he does it!! That's my girl!!! Luv Her!

Top Bottom