calligraphy tips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avalon

I'm using the kits from woodcraft… cambridge kits specifically..

can u switch out the nib with another? trying to make a calligraphy pen for someone..

where can u get nibs?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Unfortunately, I don't think this is easy to do. I am not aware of anyone making calligraphy nibs for kit pens. I have seen the calligraphy pens with replaceable front sections at Michael's and other craft stores but I doubt the threading would be the same as any of the kit pens.

You would likely have to buy a nib (I have used vintage Osmiroid nibs in a few kit less pens) and make a new front section. That would involve using taps and dies and for one pen would likely be prohibitively expensive.

duncsuss

One source for calligraphy nibs is xFountainPens.com I've bought from them a couple of times (though only one nib, which I fitted into an Edison pen to replace the Jowo/Meisternib that it came with).

I've never replaced a nib in a kit pen section, so I can't offer any advice as to how you would do it or what size nib might work with a particular kit.

If you try it, please share your findings (success or fail) -- good luck!

its_virgil

The Cambridge fountain pen will use a #6 nib. Changing the nib is the same as changing the nib on most any fountain pen. Instructions are in the library. There is a video at Welcome to The Classic Nib . More information can be found at Meisternibs - Blog . Meister nibs also has 1.1 and 1.5 italic nibs which may or may not work for your calligraphy. http://www.thegoldennib.com once sold 18K gold calligraphy nibs. There are broad #6 nibs available at Arizona Silhouette - Suppliers of Eye Candy, Offering Exceptional Pen kits and turning project kits for the Wood Turner

Do a good turn daily!
Don

I'm using the kits from woodcraft… cambridge kits specifically..

can u switch out the nib with another? trying to make a calligraphy pen for someone..

where can u get nibs?

I think the 1.9mm at xfountainpens might work. I hadn't seen that one before. Thanks Duncan!

I've used the 1.5 and 1.1 Jowo nibs. I like them a lot but I don't think they are wide enough for calligraphy.

Trees2Pens

Calligraphy Nib

I have purchased Artisan Jr Gentleman II fountain pen from Craft Supplies USA and customized that kit with their Calligraphy nib #5. The nibs are easy to change out. The kit is really high quality too.

John :)

Top Bottom