Calligraphy pen kit help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NittanyLion

I need options on a calligraphy pen with an ink cartridge. I have someone who wants one.....the only option I see is the 5mm calligraphy nib from CSUsA paired with the Jr. Gent(or similar).

She does not want a dip pen. Any other options? Has anyone used this nib? Thoughts on it if you have?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

I've used the Nemosine 0.8mm calligraphic nib from xFountainPens.com but it's a #6 nib. (I think the Jr Gent only takes a #5 nib, but could be wrong on that.)

xFountainPens.com also sell sets of Knox nibs that include obliques, but again I think they are #6. They have an 'customer service chat' on the website, I found them helpful when I had a few questions.

duncsuss

One thing I forgot to ask -- what exactly does your friend mean by "calligraphy"?

To some people, it means "italic script" -- to others it means "copperplate script". The nib requirements for them are quite different (square cut oblique versus fine point flexible.)

My earlier comment was based on nibs for "italic script". (I've never done flex nibs.)

wood-of-1kind

I did a custom job for one of my customers using this very same nib from CSUSA. She likes the way it writes. I used it on a Baron kit.

MVC-016Skatie.JPG

NittanyLion

One thing I forgot to ask -- what exactly does your friend mean by "calligraphy"?

To some people, it means "italic script" -- to others it means "copperplate script". The nib requirements for them are quite different (square cut oblique versus fine point flexible.)

My earlier comment was based on nibs for "italic script". (I've never done flex nibs.)

Good point...I better clarify. Thanks!

Top Bottom