Calligraphy Fountain Pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Stub nibs are available for the smaller pens. However, a dip pen would probably be a better choice in terms of both cost and the variety of nibs available.

Firefyter-emt

IHMO... a stub nib is not an italic nib used in calligraphy. A proper calligraphy nib will be thin, sharp and wide. A stub nib will be wide, but much thicker and not vary the line as much.

If I am right, there is a kit at Michaels that the sections will screw into the Jr. Gent type kits. Although these kits do not have sections that match, but would look great on a closed end pen that hid pretty much all the hardware.
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=fa0605

fa0605.jpg

PS... DCBluesman had the speedball nibs which are prefect for this!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I bought a caligraphy kit from Michaels or AC Moore with a selection of Speedball nibs. I had some inserts to hold the nibs, and turned this to use with the nibs.

Attachments

• Dip Pen.jpg
    Dip Pen.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 164

johncrane

Thanks Cav! l was going to make just the wood handles and drill a hole l also got some new art brushes but the glue they used to hold brush part is much stronger than you think l bent the metal holder part.thanks again Cav!:)

sparhawk

I bought a friend a round top european fountain pen last year.Then i bought a set of calligraphy nibs(in a set with the pen body ) from Michaels. My daughter works there and i had her check to see if the nibs(screw in part and all) would fit and it did. Think it was a Manuscript brand.

Top Bottom