Any tricks to remove a stubborn nib and feed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

So once your fingers are raw from squeezing, twisting, pulling and the nib won't budge, what other tricks can one try? I just can't seem to keep a tight enough grip anymore with my fingers.

I just inserted the nib and feed into the housing and didn't press very hard, but it seems to have clamped down on it with like man of steel strength and won't give it back up.

It was put in the right orientation so that's not it :mad:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plano_harry

Carl, I think there is a tool for this, but I would have thought you would already have it! Go with the rubber band until the tool arrives :)

Harry

wouldentu2?

That no-slip grip stuff you use for jar tops or the mat you use when holding an item for routing along with transfer punches works well.

Carl Fisher

So a good soak in hot water, wrapped the nib/feed with a few layers of damp paper towel and very gently pulled with a pair of pliers. Finally was able to work it out of the housing with no damage.

Guess Bock nibs don't play well with these housings. Changed it back to a Heritance and all is well.

Gord K.

I'm curious to know which housing you were trying to upgrade that didn't play nice with the Bock nib.

Top Bottom