$160,000 Fountain Pen...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Nice pen...the girl is a ditz! and to the person that buys that pen, you have to much money or not enough worries!

alamocdc

I'm not sure ditz fully covers what she is. I couldn't help but get the feeling that she had a specific list of questions to ask and had to ask each one even if he had already answered it. Typical for reporters, I guess. He clearly began by stating that they only make 8 of those limited editions each year. Then Ms. Mcgintee asked if they were a limited number made. [?]

Now to the pen. If it took me 8 months to make a fountain pen, I'd certainly want a few thousand for it. Even if it didn't have over 4,000 diamonds set on it.:D But anyone who buys one of these 8 definitely has more $$$ than they need.

Sfolivier

"I'll take the money so I could pay off my house,,,,,,twice!!"

There really are times when I wish I wasn't in California [:eek:)]

... but it's an addictive place.

stevers

Originally posted by Sfolivier

"I'll take the money so I could pay off my house,,,,,,twice!!"

There really are times when I wish I wasn't in California [:eek:)]

... but it's an addictive place.

Depends on when you bought. People are coming out here to Arizona that made ridiculous amounts of money on their houses. They were buying 2 for one sold there.

Randy_

For the jewelers out there, anybody know how they set a diamond in the solid surface of a pen body? I assume they don't use the same prong method that is used for keeping stones in rings. Difficult to accept that they use CA so there must be some other method. Thanks.

10280007.gif
20056145259_eaglemed.jpg

Dallas, TX................................In Their Memory

penmaker56

They "pave' " set the diamonds, which is they raise a small bead from the metal surrounding the stone with a graver, while at the same time, bend the bead over the stone; after that, they round the edges of the new prong with a beading tool. Sounds like a lot, but only takes a minute or two.

Top Bottom