Trivia Question Answer???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

NEXT QUESTION.....WHAT SEVEN COMPONENTS COME IN A BASIC SLIMLINE (TWIST) PEN KIT?

Hint: One of the components has two items

ANSWER: Tubes (2), nib, centerband, clip, transmission, end cap, refill. Many forgot about the refill, but it is one of the main components of a pen kit!

Good Luck!!

Don't quite know how you define "basic"; but it seems to me that another part was overlooked.

What about the return spring?? As many folks have found out the hard way......by dropping one in the mess on their shop floor.....the slimline pens don't work real well without that spring.[^][^]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
A spring? In a slimline kit? I've never seen one. Then again, I haven't made slimlines, except for the Freedom Pen Project, in about 2 years.

pssherman

I've made dozens of slimlines and none of them had a spring. The refill is threaded and moves in and out of the tip (nib) by way of the twist transmission, so a return spring is not necessary. IIRC the pens with a Parker refill do use a return spring.

Paul in AR

ilikewood

The others are correct here...Slimline kits do not contain springs. The refill is threaded into the transmission and does not require it.

There are other kits that do take springs...I think Cigars do, but I will have to go down and check on that one.

airrat

The basic slimline uses a cross refill that is threaded into the transmission. There is no return spring. If so please provide pictures.

Randy_

Sorry folks!! I had a total brain fart. Guess I should have been sleeping instead of making stupid posts!! I had just been giving some hard thought to modifying a different twist kit to accept a pencil cartridge and it must have locked up some neurons. The slimlines do, of course, have Cross refills and don't require a spring.

Scott

Hey Everybody! Randy had a BRAIN FART!!! [}:)]

Seriously, though, if you didn't make a stupid post, then I would probably have to! See what you saved me from?

:D

Scott.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey, this competition just ain't fair!!!!!:(

Why don't we get questions like;
Who lives closer to Craft Supplies UK, who are in the Derbyshire Dales, Mark Liggett in bonny Scotland or Skiprat in hilly Wales? And which route would you take to get there?

Gee Wizz, call this International????[}:)]

ilikewood

Hey Steven, quit pickin on the question guy (that's me)[:eek:)]

Another hint to the question....Click on the KLINGSPOR link in the trivia rules and then on the store locations link....really doesn't get any easier than that![:p]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey Bill, I didn't say they were difficult. I had my answer (correct) in ages ago:D

I just want you to give questions that only I know the answer to[}:)]

Great fun, please keep this going for ever ( or till I win something anyway )

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Richard, the rest of my family live right next door to you in Swadlingcote. You're so quiet, that I forgot about you though!![:I]

It is a nice drive to CS, isn't it?

bnoles

"Hint: None today! [}:)]"

Bill.... you're BUSTED ;)

Originally posted by ilikewood

Hey Steven, quit pickin on the question guy (that's me)[:eek:)]

Another hint to the question....Click on the KLINGSPOR link in the trivia rules and then on the store locations link....really doesn't get any easier than that![:p]

ilikewood

Hey Bob, you weren't supposed to read that...it was for our INTERNATIONAL guys!![:eek:)]

Actually, I just needed a question where everyone would have to go to our sponsors site and look around a bit without overloading it! [:p]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey Hill Billy
Talk about adding insult to injury!!!!!!!!

First, every woman in Europe doesn't shave ( that one could've caused a war ) and now we don't know how to search this webby thing, and need basic clues.

If I ever win something, I'm gonna feel real bad ( but not for long )

:D

ilikewood

Aw come on Steven...I've got my sister over there to help with the moderization your folk, but it seems slow. I guess she is closer to Ligget as she is in Carlisle, so it might be a while as all good things have to come down from Scotland anyway (speaking of starting a war over things [:eek:)]) [}:)]

As I hope you all know I am just kidding around. If I ever took myself seriously, I would be horribly dissappointed in the results.[:I]

Top Bottom