Test Trivia we have a winner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wudnhed

Alright people, this is a test trivia question. It will help me to see if I have any bugs in my system that need to be worked out. Be nice to Big Loser Al, I'm going to ask him to pick the winning number.

Question: This tree is one of the longest living trees in the world. One is recorded to be 6,000 years old. What is the name of this tree?

Hint: Someone from this site tried to steal some.

You can send your answers to wudnhed@gmail.com

You have a 24 hour time limit to send in your answers.
Also, please include your forum name with answer.
You can only answer one time.

OK, I can't stand it any longer..........it has been exactly 24 hours and this trivia question is done.

There is good news and bad news.....the bad news is only ONE person got the answer right.

The good news is, I don't have to pick a winner:D

Mitch aka Malainse was the ONLY person to have the correct answer.

Drum roll please... the answer is YEW and Weasel Bill (Ilikewood) tried to steal it from Al (Doctram).

Got my info from Woodnet.org

Thanks to all those who played along. There may be another trivia question sooner than you think:D

http://www.woodnet.org.uk/woodeducation/yews.htm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Malainse

For all we know I could have been the only one to enter....[:eek:)]

First the DSBLA, nice blanks from Nolan(n4631x)... And now this.....:D

DocStram

Originally posted by Malainse

For all we know I could have been the only one to enter....[:eek:)]

First the DSBLA, nice blanks from Nolan(n4631x)... And now this.....:D

Seems to me that it would be only fair if Malainse shared his winnings with Bill in Idaho and myself. (With me getting the largest portion of the winnings, of course). [:p]

Malainse

I did not win any YEW, just some burl. So there is no hard feeling between you two...
I better keep it.....:D

tn_IMG_0005.JPG

DocStram

OK, Becca .... how did the "test run" go for the Trivia Contest? Are you going to make it a weekly event?

By the way, about those pen blanks Malainse won ..... if you ask me (and you didn't), they were way too nice of a prize for him to win. Did you see how he was talking ugly to Bill in Idaho and myself???? ;)

wudnhed

Al, I wasn't going to give a prize for the test run but since Malainse had the only correct answer I couldn't resist[:p]

As far as a weekly event, I have enough prizes for 10 winners. If you want to donate prizes for the other 35 weeks........sure, I'm game:D[}:)];)[:p]:D

DocStram

"Thanks" for getting the Trivia Contest rolling again. I'm not certain how often you would like to run it .... whether it be weekly or monthly or whatever. If it's a matter of prizes, something tells me that we could come up with a bunch of pen related things. It might be a pen kit or two, or a few blanks or, perhaps, some pen related stuff that an IAP member might want to donate. I think all we need to do is to put out a "call" in IAP for people to donate little things.
One other suggestion ..... let's ask Jeff and Scott to give the Trivia Contest a permanent home where it would have a lot of visibility. Maybe making it a sticky place in Casual Conversation or somewhere.

Top Bottom