SLIMLINE CONTEST WINNERS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Here are the results of the judging for the slimline contest, and this time you can even comment on the pens.

Second Place, normal slimline goes to Skiprat, Steven Jackson for the orange acrylic and aluminum pen.

200721145824_SLContest0004.jpg

And First Place, normal slimline goes to NCWoodworker, Chris Mathes for this Pink Ivory, Purpleheart and Sycamore pen.

20072115136_SLContest0032.jpg

Second Place, modified slimline goes to Deere41h, John Solberg for this African Blackwood desk pen.

20072115345_SLContest0020a.jpg

First Place, modified slimline goes to Mongefelipe, Felipe Monge, for this desk pen made from 1/2 of a teacher's pen kit in black acrylic and clear PR.

2007211565_SLContest0017.jpg

Second Place, most modified slimline goes to DCBluesman, Lou Metcalf for his rendition of a bagpipes tenor drone pipe in the ornate Edinburg style made from African Blackwood and sterling silver.

2007211598_SLContest0039.jpg

And finally, First Place, most modified slimline goes to skiprat, Steven Jackson, for this pen made from blue acrylic with mini pen transmission, 3 finials, 1 centerband and the hollow part held together by tungsten welding rods.

200721151128_SLContest0033.jpg

Congratulations to all who won prizes and congratulations also to everyone who entered the contest, every one of them was a winner. There were some great entries and I'm really glad I had nothing to do with the judging. The judges did tell me that they were unanimous in their decisions. Special thanks also to the judges.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
If you're a winner, please email me (click on the "email poster" link in this post) your shipping address, I'll arrange for delivery of your prizes.

THANKS for participating!

NCWoodworker

Wow! I am very honored! Thank you to each of the judges...please email me your shipping address and I'll send you a check :D:D I am so excited!! The good news is that I was able to gift that pen to a very special teacher who has my 5 yr old daughter in her class. She has made quite an impression on my daughter!

Regards,
Chris

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
WOW and DOUBLE WOW and triple WOW!!!! what else can I say? I Have never won anything in my life before. I cant believe it!!!!

A fantastic Paul Huffman vice ( could this be the first in the UK?)

and

10 Rhodium slimlines

and

An Emperor kit from the Donation draw

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My most sincere thanks to all at IAP

DaveO

Congratulations to all the winners, each pen is a work of art. And a extra congrats to Chris (NCWoodworker) way to bring one home for the old home state :D:D

Dave:)

beathard

Congrats to all! I cannot wait until I can join my first contest. I especially like the radically modified pens. They get the creative juices flowing.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks, Scott. I'll call Bill tonight and thank him...and I'm sure place an order. Thanks, Jeff, for getting my prize to me before the move. [8D]

Top Bottom